The beginning of the forum

Started by mike in lytle, August 25, 2018, 10:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:donut :donut2 :coffee
I was kind of curious and I briefly looked up early posts of the forum, seems like around June 10, 2003. Can't be sure.
Seems the group was started after another forum board went AWOL (not the members fault).
So, who here may have been around back then, or when did you first join?
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

I don't go back quite that far but I've been hanging around here since Nov. of 2006.   

Hell I don't know. Too long to remember and maybe not worth bringing up anyway.

I joined June 17 2003 via a suggestion of my Larrivee rep at the time. :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on August 26, 2018, 10:48:09 AM
I joined June 17 2003 via a suggestion of my Larrivee rep at the time.
:coffee :donut2 :donut
And you got busy right away, too.
You made your first post like 13 minutes after you registered, and it was informative, too.
June 17 seems to be the first day people started to register, before that it seems the admin was copying old posts from the previous forum.
Must have been a lonely job for that first week. But he "seeded" the forum for others to start jumping in.
I can't seem to find anyone else I recognize from those first couple days, unless it would be Sneaky, he last posted here not quite two years ago.
I am glad I started looking into this, it is VERY interesting.
Mike

I couldn't remember when I joined - had to look it up: Sept. 15, 2004, or about a year + after this forum was launched.

All I know is I joined too late to get in on the Forum I, II or III guitars; really sorry I missed out on the Forum III! I had a Forum IV, but got impatient waiting for it to open up (all hog), and got gas for something else that, sadly, I don't even remember now... I've regretted letting that one go. I've owned at least a dozen different Larrivees, currently have 5.

...this is still a great place, although it's certainly changing - but that's good when new people are discovering Larrivees.  :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Yeah a bunch of us used to inhabit a discussion forum sponsored by Acoustic Guitar Magazine until they got sick of us and shut it down. A group went on to form The Soundhole forum and a few came here to talk about LarrivĂ©es. Others went elsewhere, I guess. Been a long time.  :cheers 

I remember the Acoustic Guitar Magazine forum and I remember you, Ducktrapper, on it.  I was kind of a non-event new guitar player on that forum.  But I enjoyed it.  I think I was around 2007.  It's interesting how heavy posters who seem like the lifeblood of a forum so often disappear.  Going through the archives reminds you of those folks.

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 26, 2018, 12:50:48 PM
:coffee :donut2 :donut
And you got busy right away, too.
You made your first post like 13 minutes after you registered, and it was informative, too.
June 17 seems to be the first day people started to register, before that it seems the admin was copying old posts from the previous forum.
Must have been a lonely job for that first week. But he "seeded" the forum for others to start jumping in.
I can't seem to find anyone else I recognize from those first couple days, unless it would be Sneaky, he last posted here not quite two years ago.
I am glad I started looking into this, it is VERY interesting.
Mike

How did you find my first post?I'd like to see were my mind was at back then..... :wacko:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on August 29, 2018, 09:08:42 PM
How did you find my first post?I'd like to see were my mind was at back then..... :wacko:
:donut :donut2 :coffee
Look at the forum member profile, down at the bottom says "show last posts" and you have 713 pages of posts so, I clicked on 713 and voila....
I had to pass that test when I got to 100 posts. That was back when Duck was about to hit 10000.
Mike