Guitar Art: Check Out My Latest Piece.

Started by Silence Dogood, June 03, 2023, 07:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been doing this for a while now and enjoy it.  I get old junky guitars and tattoo them with Sharpie markers.  They aren't meant to be played but to be used as art pieces to hang on the wall of a studio, man cave, etc.  I've done a few and think this one turned out pretty well.  Thought I'd share with you good folks here.  What do you think?

More...

More...

Here is a pic of one I did a while back.  Snapped this before putting back on the strings.  Note how the bridge is on crooked, making it basically unplayable.  I sold this to a guy who hung it on his wall. 

Stunning!!! You have a gift!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Very cool.
I have an old junk Yamaha (black, laminated) that I am gonna turn into a lamp and hang on the wall, with many holes in it to distribute the light outward on the wall.
When I do it, I will post a picture. You have given me some inspiration. I already have all the parts.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Nice!!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Thanks for all the kind responses.  I find that a lot of people like them, but it's still very hard to get anyone to part with their money for one. 
 :laughin:

I've got several ideas for designs.  The tough part is just getting started, but once I do they usually go like a house on fire.  The ones I posted here are just random designs.  I start with one random line I draw and then build the entire thing from it.  The ones I want to do with more intentional patterns will be harder.  The real trouble is that with most of my free time, I just want to play guitar and not paint guitars.