So Whats goin on

Started by unclrob, July 25, 2018, 03:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a whole lot happen here lately.I know that I haven't offered much but some rants and tech stuff....OH YA there was the rattle snake in my back yard but not much new as I have already found my perfect Larrivee my OM03PA.Other then that my last purchase was a Guild 12 string made in China that I'm really happy with as it feels very close to my old Guild 12 string.SOOOOOOO

Whats new with anyone out there or is it time for us ol.......I mean ag.......I mean us of age on the forum to move on. :?
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I've been researching Ovation guitars, trying to figure out if it would be a good time to get one. The American made ones are looking pretty good. However, after my last guitar purchase I told myself I had all I wanted...... Hot as ever here in Phoenix, typical summer weather, but still no fun staying indoors all the time. 
Thank you. Tom

The new owners of Ovation did a client of mine a solid when his electronic took a crap,send me a new one at no charge so client got no charge to replace it.My only problem with Ovation is there round in the back and I'm round in the front.The great thing about Them is they sound the same plugged or unplugged so no getting use to the plugged in tone,which is the problem I have with all pu's but I have no choice but to plug in,you get use to though.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I'm gettin' a b-a-n-j-o for my knee.  :beer

It was 105.7 yesterday. Only 98.0 today.
Felt like putting on a jacket this afternoon.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on July 25, 2018, 08:16:00 PM
Mike

Yikes. You're welcome to that. Cool even when it's hot here on the shore of the big lake.  

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 25, 2018, 08:32:55 PM
Yikes. You're welcome to that. Cool even when it's hot here on the shore of the big lake. 
:cheers
Yeah, well we are apparently past the worst, and I am outside during the hot parts to stay acclimated.
It is worse in north Texas.
Cold beer helps afterwards.
We were in northern Sweden for a couple weeks end of June and it was great. Summer house on the sea and all that.
Makes me thing about selling everything and moving.
The live oaks I started 18 months ago are doing ok, and have about 50 mountain laurel seedings going.
And of course, when inside, still playing the hell out of my Larrivees!
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Howdy From Nashville! Hot and sticky down here...

Released a new CD in May, Getting ready for a mini tour in Norway in a couple weeks, taking my Larrivee OO-03MH along for that. Enjoyed a great U.K./France tour in May with my OM-03MT, she's my go-to guitar most days...such a great sounding instrument!

Had not been active on the forum for a while, but just ordered a custom OOO-40R with a vintage sunburst top and thought I'd drop in and read up on the model...realized how much I'd missed reading the posts from all y'all!

:donut :donut :coffee :donut2 :donut2

Cheers,

Scott
Scott Southworth
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

The next several days in Michigan will be comfortably situated in the 70º range. But I'm heading up to Alaska in a few weeks.

I live in North Texas and it has been an absolutely brutal summer. Triple digits for days on end.  I'm very ready for Autumn, which can sometimes be about two weeks long here.   

About 100 degree in southern California,looking forward to fall
Looking to buy another larrivee soon,maybe a d05 as they seem to
Be going for good deals lately ,used.
Always good to hear what's going on with you all
Dave

I'm not sure how people endure that kind of heat for weeks on end. Air conditioning is obviously the answer but you have to go outside sometime. Up here it may get cold in the winter but you can dress for it. You can only take so much off. Rainy and cool here today. Even when it's hot in town, it's usually comfortable here on the big lake.  :cheers 

my personal best is 20 degrees Celsius.
thats about 65 F.
with each degree above that I start to wilt.

last week we played two out door festivals in the 35 degree range -thats about 100 F.
outside, direct sun, pretty hard on guitars as far as tuning- damn near impossible.

For those gigs, and for travelling, and other people handing guitars -we packed the Martin- well, because "it's only a Martin",
which has become my festival, out door gigging guitar.

I just won't take my beloved Larrivees to those kinds of gigs.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Neither my Martin nor my Larrivées deserve that. I'd use my 1970 Yamaha FG-180. I've left it outside, on a lawn chair, by the fire pit over night and it's still a great guitar. Takes a lickin' and ....    

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on July 25, 2018, 03:13:06 PM

Not a whole lot happen here lately. I know that I haven't offered much but some rants and tech stuff... OH YA there was the rattle snake in my back yard but not much new as I have already found my perfect Larrivee my OM03PA. Other then that my last purchase was a Guild 12 string made in China that I'm really happy with as it feels very close to my old Guild 12 string. SOOOOOOO

Whats new with anyone out there or is it time for us ol.......I mean ag.......I mean us of age on the forum to move on. :?

Finally a little quieter here...

...but I must confess, today I did the unthinkable: I bought a Taylor (>>gasp<<)! I'll say more about that in the "Other Guitars" forum later.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: thomasinaz on July 25, 2018, 05:32:10 PM

I've been researching Ovation guitars, trying to figure out if it would be a good time to get one. The American made ones are looking pretty good. However, after my last guitar purchase I told myself I had all I wanted...... Hot as ever here in Phoenix, typical summer weather, but still no fun staying indoors all the time. 

I've got a couple Ovations (lefties) I need to list for sale on Reverb. They're not bad guitars, but I just don't play them, and it's an ongoing process to keep moving stuff out when other stuff is coming in...

Quote from: mike in lytle on July 25, 2018, 08:16:00 PM

Mike

After our long, long winter, and flooding here last month, I'm thankful for some mild summer weather. Our high through the weekend will be around 74F, with lows at night in the mid-50's - we slept with the windows open last night and it was wonderful (since my allergies aren't killin' me right now)!

I suspect we'll have some hot weather before we get to Fall, but we're enjoying this up north here (just south of Tom a bit!).

Scott, your tours sound awesome! What great opportunities! Enjoy, and keep an eye on your Larrivees!   :cop:

Quote from: Silence Dogood on July 26, 2018, 09:07:02 AM
I live in North Texas and it has been an absolutely brutal summer. Triple digits for days on end.  I'm very ready for Autumn, which can sometimes be about two weeks long here.   

Are temps like that along I-40? I may be taking a motorcycle ride through there next week, heading toward Tennessee. Trying to avoid more heat. Maybe have to take the Charlie Daniels "Uneasy Rider" route: Via Omaha.  :smile:
Thank you. Tom

Quote from: thomasinaz on July 26, 2018, 07:15:12 PM
Are temps like that along I-40? I may be taking a motorcycle ride through there next week, heading toward Tennessee. Trying to avoid more heat. Maybe have to take the Charlie Daniels "Uneasy Rider" route: Via Omaha.  :smile:
Temps are supposed to drop a bit next week in the Dallas area, and rain is called for.