pick up for P0-3

Started by johnr, June 01, 2013, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi guys;when I finally get around to buying this guitar ;I wanna install some "electronics".[I 'm not sure if I asked this yet]. someone told me it could not be done cause it's too small.what does anybody think about this? thanks!

Since you can buy a Parlor with factory installed electronics the idea that it is "too small" is simply ridiculous.

I'm a big fan of the Fishman Infinity, but most people here are going to recommend the K&K pure mini.

Quote from: AZLiberty on June 01, 2013, 02:34:18 PM
Since you can buy a Parlor with factory installed electronics the idea that it is "too small" is simply ridiculous.

I'm a big fan of the Fishman Infinity, but most people here are going to recommend the K&K pure mini.

When I picked up my PV-03 I bought a K&K for it.  If I can take the guitar out of the case for an hour or so *and not start playing it* I may get it installed.  Because of the extra brace, the wires may have to be positioned differently than usual, but I don't see any issues with getting it in place.

Ed

You shouldn't have any issues with getting a pickup installed. Lots of k&k users here but I am quite fond of the lr baggs products.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

hey eded; are you really hooked on this guitar ? i'm still convincing myself to buy it....thanks for any incouragement...

John,  I bought one of the parlors when they had just come out (2nd run back in 1999 actually) and within a couple months, it was my acoustic of choice.  I think the only guitar I have logged more hours on is my Guild Starfire III that I got back in 1977!  This PV-03 is exactly what I have wanted for years...  that early parlor *with* a cutaway.  I had tried some rosewood PV-09s that just didn't do it for me.  This is the first PV in mahogany I've been able to find and it is 'it'.

Hmmm....  yeah, I guess you could say I'm hooked.  If you are anywhere near Baltimore, MD, you'd be welcome to give it a test run.

Ed