Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We're at 44 orders now.

We're running out of time for the fence sitters to place their order..   :nana_guitar
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on December 29, 2008, 08:53:56 AM
We're at 43 orders now.

We're running out of time for the fence sitters to place their order..   :nana_guitar

This has got to be some kind of a record for forum guitars or custom runs. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the LS-03 12fret appealed to so many people out there. I hope Jean Larrivee is pleasantly surprised too.

So who's going to stop by in Vancouver and document the progress of our guitars with frequent and annoying photography?   :smile:

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: limnephilidae on December 29, 2008, 09:24:15 AM
This has got to be some kind of a record for forum guitars or custom runs. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the LS-03 12fret appealed to so many people out there. I hope Jean Larrivee is pleasantly surprised too.

So who's going to stop by in Vancouver and document the progress of our guitars with frequent and annoying photography?   :smile:

I think that most, if not all, the pictures taken of Forum I/II were taken by someone working for Larrivee. They forwarded them to the dealer (Jason/Notable) who posted them for us.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Hello gang, I was just looking for an updated list of Forum III orders (which I didn't find so a lead to the thread would be helpful) and thought I would instruct those who are not sure what to do if they order one and don't like it. Well, do what I do. Give it to one of my children>>>> No kidding. I am holding on to my OM-03R until the forum III comes just in case I still covet my OM. Then after the evaluation of the new LS I will hand down the least desired one to one of my boys. I also have handed down Larrivee parlor to one of my boy's fiances since she plays bass and is now interested in a guitar that is good for a petite person.

Bottom line is buy whatever Larrivee guitars or mandolins even that you want and then hand them down to someone in your family when you tire of them or want a different model.

Everyone is a winner with this answer to GAS!

I am excited about the LS-03R which is my choice and was also turned down for a clear pickguard.

Hppy NY,
Londawg

Quote from: Londawg on December 29, 2008, 12:25:28 PM
Hello gang, I was just looking for an updated list of Forum III orders (which I didn't find so a lead to the thread would be helpful) and thought I would instruct those who are not sure what to do if they order one and don't like it. Well, do what I do. Give it to one of my children>>>> No kidding. I am holding on to my OM-03R until the forum III comes just in case I still covet my OM. Then after the evaluation of the new LS I will hand down the least desired one to one of my boys. I also have handed down Larrivee parlor to one of my boy's fiances since she plays bass and is now interested in a guitar that is good for a petite person.

Bottom line is buy whatever Larrivee guitars or mandolins even that you want and then hand them down to someone in your family when you tire of them or want a different model.

I am excited about the LS-03R which is my choice and was also turned down for a clear pickguard.

Hppy NY,
Londawg
This is a link to the last one ordered as of this post.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=24132.msg217178

And this is the link to the roll up

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=24123

Hppy NY,
Londawg

Not easy to do when you have no kids, no extended family that plays guitar and a husband that plays bass and has no want to have to deal with an extra two strings.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: limnephilidae on December 29, 2008, 09:24:15 AM

I'll volunteer for that job. I'll pose as, uh, a safety inspector for the WCB. Something like that. Or maybe I'll just apply for a real job at Larrivee. They'll likely be hiring with this big spike in business, n'est ce pas?

Mike

Hppy NY,
Londawg

Daddy, I've been searching for you all my life.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Do you feel like adopting a crazy Canuck?

:humour:

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

The Larrivee website says that the L series guitars are set up for light gauge strings.  Does that mean also that owners should stick to light gauge strings?  Or can mediums (or a mix - like bluegrass gauge) be used with no structural problems?
Play it daily for best results.

Fence walker on the Forum III here.

With respect to body dimensions it looks like the measurements are close (1/2" difference in waist) to the LSV-11 fingerstyle model.

Can anyone confirm that Larrivee is using the LSV-11 mold/shape as reference for Forum III?

I'm just concerned about overall aesthetics with the widddddder waist.  Surely a small or trivial matter to some but it sure would be nice to know.

Thanks

Quote from: gtrplayer on December 30, 2008, 12:18:19 AM
Fence walker on the Forum III here.

With respect to body dimensions it looks like the measurements are close (1/2" difference in waist) to the LSV-11 fingerstyle model.

Can anyone confirm that Larrivee is using the LSV-11 mold/shape as reference for Forum III?

I'm just concerned about overall aesthetics with the widddddder waist.  Surely a small or trivial matter to some but it sure would be nice to know.

Thanks

The dimensions of the to-be-made Forum III are being reviewed by Larrivee. Look for an update here and the SPECS thread if appropriate.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Thanks Randy, nice to know that.  I would think the body dimensions would follow Larrivee's current "in production" model the LSV-11.   And that depending on cutaway or not as an option.  It would be nice to hear that the specs would follow the "old" LS dimensions but we shall see.

Quote from: gtrplayer on December 30, 2008, 09:37:57 AM
Thanks Randy, nice to know that.  I would think the body dimensions would follow Larrivee's current "in production" model the LSV-11.   And that depending on cutaway or not as an option.  It would be nice to hear that the specs would follow the "old" LS dimensions but we shall see.

There was a request for the older specs of the LS, many of us were hoping for that. Flip back in the thread if you want details or make your life easier and go to one of the other threads.

Quote from: gtrplayer on December 30, 2008, 09:37:57 AM

We went through this discussion about fifty pages ago...it also made sense to me that Larrivee would use the current specs (especially since they use molds to bend the sides) but was told here that they were going to use the "old" specs for this run. Somewhere along the line the specs have morphed into the numbers that you saw.

I'm going to wait to see what Larrivee supplies...then we'll know for sure that the body size will be. 
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Randy_R on December 30, 2008, 09:32:10 AM
The dimensions of the to-be-made Forum III are being reviewed by Larrivee. Look for an update here and the SPECS thread if appropriate.
If ANY changes are made to the current spec's, then the January 2 deadline for ordering might well have to be moved back.  Any idea of what might change?
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on December 30, 2008, 10:19:48 AM
If ANY changes are made to the current spec's, then the January 2 deadline for ordering might well have to be moved back.  Any idea of what might change?
All we asked for was the 1/4 drop off on the bouts and a tighter waist, but there have been 3 to 4 different dimensions discussed, I think you may have saw a few pages back where some measured their OM's and aside from a 4'' depth they were very close to the same as the F-III as currently spec'd out.
              Randy then added the dimensions of his 1975 LS which are more classical guitar sized, so I am not sure which will come back if any in changes from Larrivee.
               I believe I dropped the ball on this early on when we were sorting through the specs. Tad posted many pics and many sizes were thrown out. The one set of specs, that got picked up was not what Tad and I were considering, but we didn't say so loud enough, or clear enough I guess. He has a LSV-11 and a LS-09 or 10 and a forum git and others 00 etc.
     So Tad is able to do some good comparison and compilation of these sizes and styles.And when I reviewed what he had posted and PM'd me early on I realized we had missed what we originally were going for. So I started the thought process we find ourselves in now.
      Many liked the idea of the smaller LS and as you read the posts currently you can see many, even the majority of posters anyway, still do.
         But I don't want to see folks who ordered based on a larger LS lose out over this so we would have to have a group consensus if there is a change.

I should have brought this up sooner; apologies to the forum.         Danny

Seriously, a half an inch is worthy of multiple dddddd's and general uproar and ensuing calamity? I mean, really? Moving back the deadline? Really? To do what, exactly? Allow for more navel gazing?

Come on, surely most of us are allowing for a margin of something, somewhere. Or am I deluded?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

The official specs listed for the Forum III don't match anything Larrivee has ever produced.  So one has to wonder what it will look like.  Personally I vote for the smaller "old" LS dimensions.  But if the current "in production" LSV-11 dimensions are used I will certainly consider it but at least one has an idea of what it will look like.

No general uproar here nor hardly any calamity, just simple inquiry.  :)

Happy New Year