F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OK  no more photos get to work Jim!!!!!

Off to work I am. Jim
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Well, finally !  It's about time we got to see these little guys.  They look great. I'm sure everyone (well, almost everyone) will be delighted with these.   This is what I was hoping the FIII would be when we got that going last year.  As it turned out, I could not be any happier with the LS-03MT FIII.   The pictures show this to be very similar to the all hog FIIIs that were built.  I can tell you that if they sound as good as the FIII hogtops then there will be some very satisfied FIV owners.  For everyone who ordered these and waited patiently  :whistling: for them all this time; you patience is about to be rewarded big time.  Congratulations to all 29 of you.  And here's a special pat on the back to Danny who should be known as the "instigator".    This wouldn't have happened without his sheer determination and force of will. 

T  the P

Quote from: dependan on April 15, 2010, 07:51:13 AM
  Obviously Jim is the one who deserves our thanks. I have my F-IV now.
   Jim got my guitar to me very quickly, I didn't need him to do anything to it. Thanks again Jim.

I can tell you I was extremely pleased with this this little guitar from the start. Both tone and looks are great.
I have to work a lot today so I must go for now.

WOW...that was fast! Did you have him overnight it to you?  :nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: dependan on April 15, 2010, 07:51:13 AM
  ...   I can tell you I was extremely pleased with this this little guitar from the start.

Both tone and looks are great.

If you have time, could you elaborate on the tone?  Does it also feel tight like the F-III's were (or at least mine sure was) ?  Mid-range sweet spot? 

Thanks, as the rest of us wait in anticipation.
Play it daily for best results.

This time last year, people were posting all about the F-IIIs, esp. those that had picked theirs up in Vancouver early. Had a chance to play them & tease us! :humour:       
   Think it was done on purpose? :drool:
   Those that have gotten theirs, can you please post some initial comments? Seems we're all being thrown a bone & waiting. :?
   Please, some first impressions, any comments on sound, anything? Other than just general stuff? Hey Dan, maybe your son can give some comments? :thumb Looks like he's a player, so might give you some impressions? I'm looking forward to when you can sit down & play it. Then the words will flow...  And, as Lynn & Jim said (and me in previous posts, besides others), this was pretty much your brainchild & many thanks again! When work is done & time to play, we'll get the full story on these!!!!
   Anybody, more about the sound? Please? :nana_guitar
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on April 15, 2010, 10:57:04 AM

Those that have gotten theirs, can you please post some initial comments? Seems we're all being thrown a bone & waiting. :?
   Please, some first impressions, any comments on sound, anything? Other than just general stuff? Hey Dan, maybe your son can give some comments? :thumb Looks like he's a player, so might give you some impressions? I'm looking forward to when you can sit down & play it. Then the words will flow...  And, as Lynn & Jim said (and me in previous posts, besides others), this was pretty much your brainchild & many thanks again! When work is done & time to play, we'll get the full story on these!!!!
   Anybody, more about the sound? Please? :nana_guitar
     Jeff
Jeff, I don't think anyone else has received theirs as yet. Jim evidently sent Danny's out first thing.
Even though I have a FedEx tracking number it doesn't appear to have been picked up yet, no doubt due to the sta-tite machines I ordered and the incorrect bushings.

:nice guitar: I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of these smiley faces as more guitars are delivered. It is great to see the first of these guitars delivered. Though it seems that the closer the shipping date gets, the more impatient I am! Like everyone else, i'd love to hear more about the sound, feel of the little forum IV. Especially since I'm way down at #24 it may be awhile before mine gets shipped.

Dan - too bad about work getting in the way of playing that new guitar, eh?
Larrivee OM-03, lefty
Larrivee Forum IV #24, lefty (love it)

Mark, besides Spring fever, I have guitar fever also. My Martin Custom Shop OOO was being sent out today, now have to pay Jim the small amount on the F-IV now. Then my L. Canteri Custom will be ready soon, so moe' money, moe' money! Will end after that! :?
   Thought some else got theirs also. My mistake. Now, I'll wait patiently for some posts. Danny's guitar sure looks nice. Going to work instead of playing the guitar? A shame! :humour: I'm actually jealous, not able to work due to back stuff. Makes me a little crazy sometimes? :wacko:
   And, I have a Tonerite on it's way. The Martin sounds sweet enough (as I was told) & might not react the same as a heavier built guitar like a Larrivee. Not always the case, as my F-III (IS/HOG) is so light, but so responsive. Want to try the Tonerite on both of the Forum guitars, thinking the MT might need a little more "shaking up" than the IS top? More dense?
   If I keep typing, maybe some others will get their F-IVs in the meantime? :bgrin:
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: archilady on April 15, 2010, 11:13:38 AM
:nice guitar: I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of these smiley faces as more guitars are delivered. It is great to see the first of these guitars delivered. Though it seems that the closer the shipping date gets, the more impatient I am! Like everyone else, i'd love to hear more about the sound, feel of the little forum IV. Especially since I'm way down at #24 it may be awhile before mine gets shipped.

Dan - too bad about work getting in the way of playing that new guitar, eh?

archilady
Sit tight...  it'll be there soon,   I don't know if it would be possible or if you'd be interested but it occurred to me that  you will have one of the lefty models and I have a lefty FIII hogtop:  maybe you see where I'm going wit this..

If you ever want to get together for a few minutes and trade-off  and compare the two I'd be up for it.  I know you live and work in the SF bay area and I'm near Sacramento.     Logistics might prevent it or you may just not be interested.  Let me know if that sounds like something you might want to do.  Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the F IV.  I feel kinda responsible for steering you onto it and off of the 000-50MT you were considering.    looking forward to hearing your initial  assessment of the FIV.

Tuffythepug

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2010, 11:01:36 AM
Jeff, I don't think anyone else has received theirs as yet. Jim evidently sent Danny's out first thing.
Even though I have a FedEx tracking number it doesn't appear to have been picked up yet, no doubt due to the sta-tite machines I ordered and the incorrect bushings.
Mark, Jim uses Fed-Ex home delivery and both times he shipped to me it arrived the next morning (not even 24hrs). Plus they deliver on Saturday but not Monday so if he gets it out by Fri you should have it for the weekend.
Bet you're getting excited.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I just love emails that say FedEx Shipment Notification in the subject line...   :nanadance

Unfortunately it's a long drive from NY to AZ.

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on April 15, 2010, 02:29:44 PM
Mark, Jim uses Fed-Ex home delivery and both times he shipped to me it arrived the next morning (not even 24hrs). Plus they deliver on Saturday but not Monday so if he gets it out by Fri you should have it for the weekend.
Bet you're getting excited.
Is that right, Roger? No Monday delivery? Didn't know that. Well, it all hinges on how fast Jim receives the proper bushings now.
Me? Excited? (What makes you think I get excited about hogtops?)

Yes I just got my notification that my F-IV was shipped on the 15th. I'm a happy camper. :bgrin:

Quote from: Joby on April 15, 2010, 03:18:50 PM
Yes I just got my notification that my F-IV was shipped on the 15th. I'm a happy camper. :bgrin:

You must be happy!. What number are you on the list?
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Just got mine too...shipped today.  I found out as I was walking out of the Apple Store with a brand new Macbook Pro!!!  Woohoo!!!!

Quote from: Joby on April 15, 2010, 05:02:16 PM

I guess I was right about shipping them out of order then, although Jim may be shipping the orders that haven't chosen any options first. 
Did you have any work done to yours?
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

I'm thinking mine won't ship till next week, since Jim has to put in an Active iBeam...but that's okay; I'm going to be too busy this weekend to enjoy it (part of being a minister: funeral on Saturday and services on Sunday)...Tuesday or Wednesday would be about right...

:thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2010, 02:36:33 PM
Is that right, Roger? No Monday delivery? Didn't know that. Well, it all hinges on how fast Jim receives the proper bushings now.

Fed-Ex ground delivers Mon through Fri and Fed-Ex home delivery delivers Tues through Sat. And BTW Home delivery is less expensive, it seems they are trying to give the average Joe a break. It does require being delivered to a residence, so if you wanted something delivered to your place of work you would have to use Fed-Ex ground.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"