RS-4. Awesome Guitar!

Started by ducktrapper, March 17, 2024, 08:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did a gig with my RS-4 and Mackamp yesterday on HW 49 in Scandinavia WI as a guest guitarist with Boogie Sauce. Both performed brilliantly. Gord and Mike are so much fun to play with. The RS-4 is the best electric guitar ... EVAH!

This photo projects a little Highway 61/Carefree Highway vibe. Great picture.

Quote from: teh on March 17, 2024, 09:19:29 AMThis photo projects a little Highway 61/Carefree Highway vibe. Great picture.

Thanks. If Larrivee still produced the RS-4 it would make a great ad! I took it a few years back and, of course, the Northern border between US/Can is mostly along the 49th Parallel. HW 61 starts (or ends) in my old hometown of Thunder Bay, Ontario and runs all the way to New Orleans. I've revisited many times.  :beer   

Here's the Mackamp Heatseeker. A Marshall at a reasonable price. 18 watt, hand wired tube amp. Unfortunately, like the RS-4 no longer in production.

I"m a sucker for the les paul shape, and I think that RS-4 is GORGEOUS!  Is it 25.5" scale length, or more traditional gibsonish short scale?
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Quote from: StringPicker6 on March 17, 2024, 01:11:52 PMI"m a sucker for the les paul shape, and I think that RS-4 is GORGEOUS!  Is it 25.5" scale length, or more traditional gibsonish short scale?

25.5 vs 24.75. Longer scale than Les Paul. I've never owned an LP but I've played a few. I've owned a Mansfield copy which was very good and a copy by Northern (Canadian company) which a friend of mine who not only was a very fine player but who owned Les Pauls thought was superior to the LP and the RS-4 which is an amazing tone monster.

https://www.12fret.com/instruments/larrivee-rs-4-solidbody-electric-guitar/

There is a black RS2 with P90s on Reverb right now.  Very cool guitar.

Quote from: Silence Dogood on March 17, 2024, 08:36:03 PMThere is a black RS2 with P90s on Reverb right now.  Very cool guitar.
[/quot
Quote from: Silence Dogood on March 17, 2024, 08:36:03 PMThere is a black RS2 with P90s on Reverb right now.  Very cool guitar.

Nice. I see that they also have several RS bodies with necks, missing all hardware, referred to as projects and B stock. Seems weird and a little pricey for just the body and neck. At least, they have frets. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 18, 2024, 12:59:41 PMNice. I see that they also have several RS bodies with necks, missing all hardware, referred to as projects and B stock. Seems weird and a little pricey for just the body and neck. At least, they have frets. 
Yeah, I saw those too.  Seemed odd to me and I was a bit surprised to see them for sale. 

With Boogie Sauce on Saturday. Fine little rhythm section. Nice of them to allow me to hang out with them.

I love the color of your RS-4!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Quote from: StringPicker6 on March 18, 2024, 09:38:02 PMI love the color of your RS-4!

I had so many sunburst guitars, I felt I had to step out. The amber certainly did the trick.