The Larrivee Electric Guitar Registry

Started by Mikeymac, November 14, 2010, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 22, 2015, 12:47:43 PM
I own both a 2 and a 4, and also own a Gibson SG. I've not noticed that the 2 is any more neck heavy than the 4 - lighter, yes, but not neck heavy. The SG is definitely prone to headstock drop! Hope this helps.

Not trying to split hairs here...but are you saying they're both a bit neck heavy or neither.

My RS-2 is distinctly neck heavy. Such that, when standing, my left hand is lifting while fretting. If I release, the headstock drops immediately. Thinking of adding a bigsby just to balance it out, then an RS-4 to give me that non Bigsby stable mate (this is my justification..tread lightly!)
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Quote from: Tio Kimo on January 22, 2015, 04:43:51 PM
Not trying to split hairs here...but are you saying they're both a bit neck heavy or neither.

Neither are neck heavy
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Unless I'm using a very slick strap, my RS-2 is NOT neck heavy. And it's light enough to use with a standard cloth strap, which holds it in place quite nicely. My experience, anyway.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

thanks guys. I do appreciate the feedback. I know it is possible that my guitar can vary slightly from others. It's very light. And the default strap is a Souldier, which will be on the slicker side than most (seat belt material backing). I think I'll try to find the most friction inducing material I can...suede or something...to minimize it.

Just wondered what others have experienced.
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

:donut :donut2 :coffee

I am hereby registering my electric guitar, for the record.
RS-4 Forum V #7.

Mike
L-05 too.
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on December 04, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
:donut :donut2 :coffee

I am hereby registering my electric guitar, for the record.
RS-4 Forum V #7.

Mike
L-05 too.

Welcome "officially" into the fold.

I guess I should also register my 'new to me' RS-4, purchased from another member of this Forum a few weeks ago.

Candy Blue, Gen III pickups I believe (haven't been under the hood yet).

Quote from: Mikeymac on October 31, 2012, 05:11:17 PM
I thought I would pull this thread back up and see if anyone else wants to add their electric additions (including pics) to this thread...

...I'll go first, with my almost new 2012 Bakersfield (I did just get it back with Larrivee built pickups in it!).

Thats a nice looking guitar been trying to find one of these - never got to play one as yet

how is if for bending strings ?

It's great for bending strings. The neck is 1.75" wide at the nut, and it's a full inch deep from top of fretboard to back of neck - so it's a full, stout neck.

Full disclosure - I don't own the Bakersfield anymore. Loved the guitar and the quality, just found that I'm not a Tele player as much as a Strat player, so I decided to let it go so I could invest the money in other things. But these are fantastic, Tele-style guitars.

I would love to have one of the new ones with the stop tail bridge and two humbuckers in it; that's a guitar I would use regularly! (It's the one in back in the pic below.)

I somehow missed this thread so here you go for mine :

2008 RS-4 Amber #100122
2011 RS-2 Seafoam Green #113397
2012 TL-4 Butterscotch #113944 => although there might be an ambiguity on this serial as the manufacturing date lookup tool returns 3 guitars for this serial and 2 could match my guitar.

Edit : Seafood => Seafoam

Quote from: DarkskyZ on January 30, 2022, 06:40:56 AM
I somehow missed this thread so here you go for mine :

2011 RS-2 Seafood Green #113397

Nice trio indeed! though Seafoam  :blush:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Bought the RS4 second hand in 2019 through Reverb from a shop in Wales (I'm in France) and liked it so much I started looking for other models and just like that, 3 months later, bought the TL4 and RS2 NOS from the same shop in Italy.
This Larrivée Dealer happened to have just listed them after an Italian Larrivée distributor offered them for him to have. He was told they were NOS and by the smell of it, I would bet those had slept all that 7 years or so in their cases. They didn't show any single sign of play at all.

If I had to keep only one, that would definitely be the TL4. That neck feels so good in my hand and it the best T style guitar I ever played.

Then that seafoam... (got the typo... thanks autocorrect...). That was a choice to be made between that seafoam and, if memory serves well, a sonic blue and I couldn't see any difference from the pictures but the sonic blue had some very minor defect so I went seafoam. Would I do that again ? Not sure  :whistling: