Vinyl

Started by ducktrapper, July 21, 2023, 04:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Silence Dogood on March 09, 2024, 12:19:37 PMMan, that's wild. I don't hear any of that stuff and couldn't pick it out in a million years.  I just like the music.  I think when it comes to listening to music, I'm like ducktrapper when it comes to guitar strings.  Six new ones!  Just give me some music in some form and I'm good. 
 :laughin:

I enjoy music in any format. I remember listening to The Beatles on a transistor radio the size of a shaver. Sounded great.  :cheers

I have noticed that, to my ears at least, some "remastered" CD's sound really compressed. Hard to explain but there's a sort of bottled uniformity where at times it sounds and feels like they squeezed the feeling out of the music.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

I like the sound of vinyl and digital also. But I'm not going to go through the expense of rebuilding an audio system and I only still have a couple of unopened records. I know nothing about recording techniques, but one thing I have noticed is some CDs have an audio range to them where the pianissimo can become hard to hear. I do much of my listening in the car when I'm driving, and I usually listen to classical piano music. If I take one artist I like, on some of her CDs I can hear the complete piece of music, but on another, the quiet parts make me want to reach over and turn up the volume. I do like CDs for durability and convenience, and I do have a library of them. One other thing, I was in a friend's newer car recently and became aware that auto manufacturers don't put CD players in the new cars. Guess I'll have to keep my car LOL!!!