Factory neck resets??

Started by dreamsinger, June 13, 2005, 01:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anyone on this forum actually had a neck reset done at the factory by Larrivee?  Care to relate the whys, wherefores and  aftermath of the experience? Was it refretted in the process?
Dreamsinger
*very* unusual Custom Shop OMV-09K
JV-05-12 (sold June '05)
Hotrodded D-02
Restored '64 Framus 12
World's best Strat
McAlister 12 fret 00 cutaway in work (taking delivery at Healdsburg)
LKSM with K&K p/u and ebony buttons on order

Quote from: dreamsinger on June 13, 2005, 01:37:51 AM
Has anyone on this forum actually had a neck reset done at the factory by Larrivee?  Care to relate the whys, wherefores and  aftermath of the experience? Was it refretted in the process?

The silence is deafening.  Somebody? Anybody?  40 years and 78,000 guitars, surely this has come up.
Dreamsinger
JV-05-12 (sold June '05)
Hotrodded D-02
Restored '64 Framus 12
World's best Strat

When my 31-year old LoPrinzi needed a neck reset, the luthier Mr. LoPrinzi suggested I have a qualified local luthier do the job rather than sending it from Seattle to Florida, although he was willing to do it.

The job was done through my local Larrivee dealer (Are you in Seattle?  Guitar Emporium's tech Lem) did a magnificent job.  So I doubt you need to send the guitar back to the factory.
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on June 13, 2005, 10:40:54 PM
When my 31-year old LoPrinzi needed a neck reset, the luthier Mr. LoPrinzi suggested I have a qualified local luthier do the job rather than sending it from Seattle to Florida, although he was willing to do it.

The job was done through my local Larrivee dealer (Are you in Seattle?  Guitar Emporium's tech Lem) did a magnificent job.  So I doubt you need to send the guitar back to the factory.

I'm in Seattle and I use Cat Fox.  This should be a warranty issue but I'm rapidly getting the feeling that Larrivee just doesn't *do* resets.  Will probably wind up having Cat do it.  I knew Augie fairly well when I lived in FL. Learned a lot from him.
Dreamsinger
JV-05-12 (sold June '05)
Hotrodded D-02
Restored '64 Framus 12
World's best Strat

Yeah, Cat Fox was my #2 choice for the reset.  I talked with her at length.  But she wasn't sure about the LoPrinzi neck and what it could entail (as in dovetail  :GRN>).  Plus, her wait time was pretty long.  Did you see her at Folklife?

Quote from: prof_stack on June 14, 2005, 12:31:03 AM
Yeah, Cat Fox was my #2 choice for the reset.  I talked with her at length.  But she wasn't sure about the LoPrinzi neck and what it could entail (is in dovetail  :GRN>).  Plus, her wait time was pretty long.  Did you see her at Folklife?

Yeah, I played the demo concert for Brent McElroy's guitars.
Dreamsinger
JV-05-12 (sold June '05)
Hotrodded D-02
Restored '64 Framus 12
World's best Strat

So, what's your thinking about McElroy's guitars?  They sure look pretty:

[attachment no longer available]

Quote from: prof_stack on June 14, 2005, 01:10:48 AM
So, what's your thinking about McElroy's guitars?  They sure look pretty:

Brent does excellent work; his 00's are especially nice with extraordinary projection for a small box. His stuff stood up well against everything else at the last Healdsburg festival. I expect he'll do even better this year.
Dreamsinger
JV-05-12 (sold June '05)
Hotrodded D-02
Restored '64 Framus 12
World's best Strat