Nice JCL GOTM

Started by 247hoopsfan, June 30, 2010, 06:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anda 4............
:donut
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Here's 5 for you Benf.  And some coffee to dunk em in.
:donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :donut :coffee

anda 6.............
:donut2

This should be the last one.  I just read about the significance of sending donuts by newbies in the forum rules.
:donut :coffee

Hope I can now attach pics.

Kurt

Here's a couple of pics of my L-07.  A lot of reflections when I took them.  The beauty of the wood doesn't show as well as I would like.  There are very few flaws in finish of the actual guitar.  What look like flaws are reflections, mostly.  I have more pics that I will perhaps put on photo-bucket and link to.

Kurt

[attachment deleted by admin]

More pics.

Kurt

Great! I love the old style script on the headstock.
Ron

Hey ronmac,
You just gave me an idea.  I might create an avatar for myself out of that picture, similiar to what you did for yours, if that's OK by you.

A few more pics.

Kurt

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on July 31, 2010, 03:29:16 PM
Hey ronmac,
You just gave me an idea.  I might create an avatar for myself out of that picture, similiar to what you did for yours, if that's OK by you.

Kurt

That old style script would make a very nice avatar.
Ron

Kurt, some nice shots of a great looking guitar! A little tip, they need to be 800x600 for the GOTM pics or enlargeable without loss of quality, that one looks like it could be a real contender. Oh, outside picturesque shots seem to be favored too.  :nice guitar:
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Thanks for the tip.

Actually the originals, taken with my Digital SLR, are quite high res.  I re-sized them way down to to fit in here.  Not sure about the actual "artistic" or technical quality of the shots, though.   Might try a few more and pay more attention to the lighting and reflections.  Maybe I'll try and submit for Sept. as I see Aug. nominee list is already full.

Kurt

:drool: nice guitar. I love those old rosettes, and that headstock logo is fantastic. 
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Beautiful guitar with, sorry to say, my least favourite Larrivée headstock label. They didn't use that one very long, though. Makes it a bit of a rarer rare bird, I guess.

:nice guitar:

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 01, 2010, 07:17:24 AM
Beautiful guitar with, sorry to say, my least favourite Larrivée headstock label. They didn't use that one very long, though. Makes it a bit of a rarer rare bird, I guess.

:nice guitar:
Hi Ducktrapper.

That's because yours has no logo!  :bgrin: Truthfully, I wouldn't know one logo from the next in terms of where it fits in the history of these beautiful guitars.  Is it the actual script/style of it you don't like, or the materials/method used to make it?  I wouldn't even know what the logo inlay on mine is actually made of.  And I never thought to ask Matt Larrivee when I talked to him.  (Of course I thought of all kinds of questions I should have asked AFTER I hung up).  All I know is it's kind of silvery pearly with a thin black outline.  It may even by a decal, but I don't think they would have done that on this one.

Your 1975 model looks a lot like mine.  Obvious differences are no logo on yours and no centre strip on back of mine.  I'm not even sure if mine is Brazilian Rosewood or not.  I wonder how close they compare in dimensions?  And in sound!

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on August 01, 2010, 11:37:58 PM
Hi Ducktrapper.

That's because yours has no logo!  :bgrin: Truthfully, I wouldn't know one logo from the next in terms of where it fits in the history of these beautiful guitars.  Is it the actual script/style of it you don't like, or the materials/method used to make it?  I wouldn't even know what the logo inlay on mine is actually made of.  And I never thought to ask Matt Larrivee when I talked to him.  (Of course I thought of all kinds of questions I should have asked AFTER I hung up).  All I know is it's kind of silvery pearly with a thin black outline.  It may even by a decal, but I don't think they would have done that on this one.

Your 1975 model looks a lot like mine.  Obvious differences are no logo on yours and no centre strip on back of mine.  I'm not even sure if mine is Brazilian Rosewood or not.  I wonder how close they compare in dimensions?  And in sound!

I'm sure it's inlay and not a decal. It's just the script that doesn't exactly appeal to me, however, when I said least favourite, it certainly didn't mean I don't like it. It's a beautiful guitar. Along the same lines, a friend of mine plays my OM-01 and calls it the worst Larrivée he's ever played. It would be fun to compare them side by side, alrighty.    

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 02, 2010, 07:53:18 AM
..................It would be fun to compare them side by side, alrighty.    

I am not so up to date on the latest technology, but I learn fast, so I'm sure I could try and record my guitar and make a decent sound file out of it and then post it in here or send it to you.  Won't be real quick though, given camping plans and then figuring out how to do it the best way.  But stay tuned.

PS  In the "old days" (early eighties), I actually made some recordings of myself with four over-dubbed tracks using two cassette recorders and a radio shack mixer.  They actually sound pretty good all things considered.  However, that was before I had my Larrivee.  I had a 1971 Norman at the time.

Kurt