Walnut/Cedar

Started by JohnM2001, March 13, 2009, 03:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saw this walnut/cedar Lowden on ebay, no afiliation.  Looks yummy, no?  Wonder if it's claro or black walnut?  It's gotta sound great  :guitar

D-02E

Very nice. It looks like curly claro to me.
Ron

I'd say the same - very, very pretty -
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Shoot I tell you what man talkin' bout some good lookin' dang ol' wood man.  Yo.

I'll go ahead and call that Claro too.  Black Walnut, if I remember correctly, tends (ironically) to be a bit lighter in color.

I LOVE Lowden's multi-piece necks. They just look awesome.
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

I'm just a newbie, but it sort of reminds me of Koa. :nice guitar:
Larrivée JCL-40

Lowden use Claro Walnut.  George has a supplier who provides some of the most amazing stuff you'll see in the world.  Before I ordered my first Larry, I ordered a Claro Walnut/Adirondack O35 Lowden.  It was to be my 30th b'day present from my wife.  Unfortunately a broken boiler meant the order had to be cancelled, but I ended up here a year and a half later instead, with 2 Larry's, so I am not unhappy.  The guitar I ordered, however, was built and went to the dealer through whom I ordered it.  It was beautiful.  Having discovered the benefits of smaller guitars now, I am happy I didn't get it.   It's all a learning experience.  I do have the intention of getting an S35 in Walnut/Adirondack as soon as that Lotto win comes in, though.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Lowdens are real nice, I agree, a lot of attention and careful wood choices goes into their necks and they are beautiful.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: BenF on April 08, 2009, 04:05:18 AM
Lowden use Claro Walnut.  George has a supplier who provides some of the most amazing stuff you'll see in the world.  Before I ordered my first Larry, I ordered a Claro Walnut/Adirondack O35 Lowden.  It was to be my 30th b'day present from my wife.  Unfortunately a broken boiler meant the order had to be cancelled, but I ended up here a year and a half later instead, with 2 Larry's, so I am not unhappy.  The guitar I ordered, however, was built and went to the dealer through whom I ordered it.  It was beautiful.  Having discovered the benefits of smaller guitars now, I am happy I didn't get it.   It's all a learning experience.  I do have the intention of getting an S35 in Walnut/Adirondack as soon as that Lotto win comes in, though.

Ben--

Order that S35 Walnut/Adirondack.  I'll kick in half, and we'll ship it back and forth every six months.  Ah, no that wouldn't work.  Once I had it in my hands, I probably wouldn't be able to let go.  :blush:  I too am a fan of the new short scale S series Lowdens.

DAVE
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: ncognito on April 08, 2009, 06:58:44 AM

Ben--

Order that S35 Walnut/Adirondack.  I'll kick in half, and we'll ship it back and forth every six months.  

DAVE

Or...you could put the money toward several "shares" of this guitar:
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=26356.0

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)