Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: GeeNorm on February 13, 2009, 07:57:03 PM
And there is Daysailer at 659. Unavoidable for any frequent poster. Better get used to it, or even better ignore it.

Easy to say when one is barely over 200 posts.  :humour:

Norman

WOW......  eeeeeeeek

Thanks GN, i usually dont pay attention to stuff like that, but yesterday was a Friday the 13th and now perhaps the impending doom of the mark of the......
one down and 6 to go  ???
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Only 6 to go DS  :bgrin:
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: dependan on February 13, 2009, 08:04:22 PM
  Oh no, poor daysailer. what will his post be :?

Oh, bother.....what to do..... stay tuned.......5 to go........
Maybe a quick double post to tic the counter over and keep the 'dred'ed  (pun?) number from being observed and marking me as the foretold bearer of unimagainable kaos and mayhem...
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 14, 2009, 12:45:56 PM
Only 6 to go DS  :bgrin:
tks for giving me a chance to post another reply and get this over with before I leave for a  4 day mini vacation on the Oregon coast, in a cablin that hangs off the coastal cliff directly over the beach...  woorrying about this could ruinate my peace and tranquillity.... :rolleye:

4 and counting.
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk

Quote from: Daysailer on February 14, 2009, 12:52:07 PM
tks for giving me a chance to post another reply and get this over with before I leave for a  4 day mini vacation on the Oregon coast, in a cablin that hangs off the coastal cliff directly over the beach...  woorrying about this could ruinate my peace and tranquillity.... :rolleye:

4 and counting.

how close are you to 666?

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on February 14, 2009, 12:57:24 PM
how close are you to 666?

this is # six 6 III

Thinkin' 'bout posting the 'dred' # as a response to the oldest unresponded to post on the forum (and least read subject)
Or, to a post at the top of a subject section that is exactly one year old today...  can anyone find that post...????
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk

Don't post that evil stuff on this thread, our F-III's are at stake.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

FYI - "Clapton's Guitar" was an excellent read and I recommend it to any FIII buyer who needs a pleasant distraction from the wait. It's a short book and a very quick read. It gives you an appreciation of luthiers, common GAS, and deep respect for those folks who manage to push away all of life's distractions to produce something spectacular.

Check out Doc Watson playing his Henderson guitar (the two are actually good friends):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqjFT65KAA0

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

there are a load of new photos up on facebook. I can't copy them tonight ( on wife's iPhone). Any one else able to do it. Pics of herringbone purfling and neck fitting on RW/IS model.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Some of that RW looks like it has Sapwood in it? If I had known it would look like what i've seen, I might have changed my mind.....

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: BenF on February 14, 2009, 05:57:00 PM
there are a load of new photos up on facebook. I can't copy them tonight ( on wife's iPhone). Any one else able to do it. Pics of herringbone purfling and neck fitting on RW/IS model.

I'll get them.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

new pics are posted.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Quote from: Randy_R on February 14, 2009, 06:42:28 PM
new pics are posted.

Brilliant. They are looking really good. The RW in particular looks fantastic. Still can't see mine again, drats!

Thanks for posting the pics Randy.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

The Rosewood looks beautiful. Can't wait to see some Hog with finish on it.   :nanadance  :nanadance
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

The last F-III is listed #78, bro. ricky.

The herringbone purfing looks AMAZING on the Italian Spruce guitar!!!!!!  I am so glad I ended up adding the purfing.  I can't wait to see what the Hogtop guitars look like with the purfing!!!  The other cool thing about the pictures is that this is the first time we have seen a completed LS body.  Very nice indeed.

Thanks to John for posting these pictures.  Every new set gets me even more excited.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Penner, haddn't been on much and had to search to find your song. Thanks for posting! I wish everyone would put some tunes up.
I really like to hear from the folks on here.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on February 14, 2009, 07:39:11 PM
Penner, haddn't been on much and had to search to find your song. Thanks for posting! I wish everyone would put some tunes up.
I really like to hear from the folks on here.
Matt I have been practicing more and within a month or so I'll put some up. I never have recorded though so I need to get a setup.
            My wife likes the way I play, but I explain to her that good guitar players will hear a lot of mistakes and I want to work on that first. (timing, finger roll etc.)

Quote from: dependan on February 14, 2009, 07:46:33 PM
  Matt I have been practicing more and within a month or so I'll put some up. I never have recorded though so I need to get a setup.
            My wife likes the way I play, but I explain to her that good guitar players will hear a lot of mistakes and I want to work on that first. (timing, finger roll etc.)
You have until Monday morning March 9th. That's an extra 8 days for your "or so" and gives you an extra weekend.  :cop:
Failure to comply may lead to disciplinary action up to and including wet noodle whippings,  being strapped to a tree and forced to listen to Metallica and finally forced to drink a potion which will give you eternal and uncontrollable GAS for esteban string holders!
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on February 14, 2009, 08:29:22 PM
You have until Monday morning March 9th. That's an extra 8 days for your "or so" and gives you an extra weekend.  :cop:
Failure to comply may lead to disciplinary action up to and including wet noodle whippings,  being strapped to a tree and forced to listen to Metallica and finally forced to drink a potion which will give you eternal and uncontrollable GAS for esteban string holders!

I can handle everything but Metallica... that's real torture.  I did pick a short month didn't I?