Finally a good clean 15w tube amp

Started by headsup, May 28, 2013, 10:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: 1esotericguy on June 14, 2013, 11:06:13 AM
Hard to beat the reissue Princeton as well.  Got one.  It's really got that Fender tone.  Loads of fun! 

I have one on layaway - Surf Green/White with the Celestion GB10 in it - sounds glorious! Can't wait to get the rest of the funds collected to bring it home!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 17, 2013, 11:09:14 AM
I have one on layaway - Surf Green/White with the Celestion GB10 in it - sounds glorious! Can't wait to get the rest of the funds collected to bring it home!

Got the blue and white one myself. Jensen P10R alnico loaded.  Pretty amazing tone.

I have found the on line info on mods os very helpful.
I had some lovely work done to my Deluxe, really brought out a lot more rich tone, and made it sound twice as good as the factory.
I know this because my tech only did the mods on the vibrato channel so going back and forth is easy to hear the difference.

Any new amp, especially fender has some intense guru's out there who have found ways to seriously improve the tone of your amp.
Yes it voids the warranty, but the pay off is so worth it.

lovely looking princeton there.....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on June 18, 2013, 10:01:19 AM
I have found the on line info on mods os very helpful.
I had some lovely work done to my Deluxe, really brought out a lot more rich tone, and made it sound twice as good as the factory.
I know this because my tech only did the mods on the vibrato channel so going back and forth is easy to hear the difference.

Any new amp, especially fender has some intense guru's out there who have found ways to seriously improve the tone of your amp.
Yes it voids the warranty, but the pay off is so worth it.

lovely looking princeton there.....

I love this amp.  Can't believe I waited this long to get a Fender Amp.  The only mod I'd do to this amp is maybe trying to work out some shakes and rattles.  This one doesn't have the crazy rattles that a lot of people have had on their PRRI amps, but it does have some cabinet buzz on some chords when cranked. 

Quote from: 1esotericguy on June 19, 2013, 10:53:08 AM
I love this amp.  Can't believe I waited this long to get a Fender Amp.  The only mod I'd do to this amp is maybe trying to work out some shakes and rattles.  This one doesn't have the crazy rattles that a lot of people have had on their PRRI amps, but it does have some cabinet buzz on some chords when cranked. 

you love it now, check out the mods, it's a different planet of "love", some tube biasing, changing tubes, and changing a couple caps will make sound much warmer, and "vintage" than what the factory ships out.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

I brought home the PRRI last night (one month after putting it on layaway) - man this amp sounds great - can't wait to play it some more!

Again, it's got the Surf Green/White tolex and Celestion Greenback 10 in it.

Playing it next to my other amps, I now know I can downsize even more than I was thinking, because the Princeton has such a full balanced sound, and drives wonderfully (who knew?!  :humour: ).

I'll not only be selling my Carr Rambler, but my Gibson GA15-RV. The PRRI sounds "bigger" than the GA-15RV, which has a V-30 in it! I'm assuming part of that is the separate bass control on the Fender...I don't need it above 4-5 most of the time.

Very happy camper, and I don't think this amp will lose any of its luster over time.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Never turned mine up more then that.Used it conjunction with a Peavey 112 extention cab didn't even need to mic it outdoors.Plus it sounded so much better then the Fender Super Sonic that the other guitar player played thru.Best amp I ever owned and have no need for any other amp.Still plan are either buying or building a 50 watt Bassman.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Hey unclrob...I play the 50w bassman.....its really not a love at first play amp....first you get a shock from the two prong plug...usually your lips on a microphone,....,,,then you develop amp envy when you find you have no built in spring reverb...............but eventually you appreciate the head is somewhat light ( mine is 1967 ) and can be mated to many 8 ohm cabs....and has an awesome warm tone that doesn't break your bank account ( did someone mention MESA or fender vintage reissue?) I just put some ruby tubes in mine and its good to go as is...I think I replaced the light bulb four years ago...lol.
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

I want the Bassman for playing bass thru.I had a 62 with a 2x12 cab and like a fool sold it.Now I want one again as out of all the bass amps I have owned and played thru it had the best tone for me.Though I once used a Twin Reverb as a bass amp for a while and wouldn't mind one again for the same use.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help