Thalia / Larrivée Partnership

Started by J M Larrivée, December 08, 2017, 02:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 05, 2018, 09:50:42 AM
I've also found that the #20 radius (which comes with the Larrivee purchased units) fits Larrivees well.

I'm never sure what the radius is on Larrivee fingerboards - it's been advertised as 16, also as a compound radius (16-20/21) or even 20. I know Martin says their are 16, and Larrivee's certainly seem a bit flatter to me.

For absolute clarity....

- Up until October 1st 2017 • All Larrivée's are compound radius from 16° at the nut, down to 21° at the last fret
 - Post October 1st 2017 • All Larrivée's are no longer compounded and are now built 16° straight the from nut to last fret

Its that kind of CLEAR post from John that makes "our" brand special.

And it's that kind of post to make me step up to the window and buy one.

Thanks for this, truly.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Very impressed with mine. Personally liked the ability to easily move it with my fretting hand while playing and it's ability to fit multiple guitar necks. 
Larrivee D-04W VHS (Peruvian Walnut/Sitka)
Martin 000-28EC (EIR/Sitka)
Martin HD-28 v18 (EIR/Sitka)
Martin OM-21 Special (EIR/Sitka)

The only complaint(s) I have are minor. The jury is still out on it as far as "comfort" is concerned but I am willing to give it a fair shake.

1) The rosewood is a little on the "dark" side which makes the engraved Larrivee logo almost disappear. Maybe I will do something about it with a lighter color paint on the logo. Gold?  An abalone inlay would be cool.  lol

2) It is also the widest or thickest, heaviest, most "beefy" capo I own. It's going to take some getting used to.  I have a G7 that I really like and it is very small and lightweight.

3) I also find I am installing the Thalia with the hinge hanging down on the high E string just to keep the Larriveee logo "right side up" It's not the easiest way to mount it but it sure looks good.

Oh man, I just had a wacky idea for a "matching" inlay pattern of a section of the "Impossible Knot" just to give the 50th it's very own capo.   :wacko: I know I'm crazy, you do not need to point it out.   :laughin:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Looking at this product; which versions have you guys bought and what is your experience thus far?

For those with compound radius; have you found the 16" or 20" pad more reliable?

Rubber v teflon?

Anyone bought the zebra wood version? Odd there's no image on the website.

I've happily been using a trusty Kyser without issue (did the "self adjustment" to the tension on that one).
2007 Larrivée L-03SP Sapele Top
LR Baggs Session DI - LR Baggs M1A

Quote from: sub rosa on March 05, 2018, 01:35:37 PM
Anyone bought the zebra wood version? Odd there's no image on the website.

Images will be updated by next weekend. Birds eye maple and abalone will be making an appearance as well. Also other new products from Thalia and KOCH.

Quote from: J M Larrivée on March 05, 2018, 09:22:59 PM
Images will be updated by next weekend. Birds eye maple and abalone will be making an appearance as well. Also other new products from Thalia and KOCH.
Maple, now we're talking!

Looks like the new options are up online now.

No photos yet...