Which guitar would you most love to own?

Started by bb blues, November 28, 2010, 04:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

After selling off a few I now have a little in the kitty for my next guitar diversion.  :thumb
Steve ....aka the SMan

Best guitar I ever played was a Collings C-10--not terribly expense as such things go, but well out of my league.
Larrivée OM-01
Avalon A201
Silver Creek T-160
LAG T66D
Douglas WF165

Quote from: dependan on December 09, 2010, 07:09:55 AM
  That collecting things you never use and chasing the "perfect guitar" are vanity. As they consume our time and energies while diverting us from the simplicity of enjoying what we have now.
:+1:
Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM

Quote from: ducktrapper on November 28, 2010, 07:13:48 AM
I like them Troll Guitars!   :rolleye:

That is one very cool guitar. I need to get one now.

On the topic, I really can't. I've played quite a few which are far fewer than what I'd like to. If the question was restricted to what has been played my answer would be what I currently own. I'm at a point where I appreciate testimonials from players but until I play it/them it's no sale.

I hear you can't expose those Troll guitars to sunlight though, or they turn to stone ;)

Martin Geoff Muldaur 0018H....plays like a piano

Rainsong JM model with original 6 string neck profile
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Petros with a sinker redwood top.
If I can't have that.I want my old J-45 burst back.
Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.

If I could pick any guitar, it would be a Froggy Bottom.  I don't know which model, shape or tonewoods....I would let Michael Millard help me figure that out.  He is a master at building the guitar to fit the player, which makes his instruments so exquisite.

I've only played one, but it was quite an experience.  And it wasn't even built for me!
10' Martin D-18VS
67' Martin 0-16NY
10' Martin M-36
94' Martin HD-28
12' Martin 00-15M
04' Martin J-15
06' Gibson CJ-165 (Blonde maple)

A Ken Parker Olive Branch archtop acoustic. I know that I will never touch one, but I can dream.

These guitars combine a unique mix of old-world luthier and modern engineering skills. Parker made a huge mark in the electric guitar business with the Fly. Too bad the masses just want electrics with Les Paul, strat and tele shapes.  See pictures of the Olive Branch at;

http://www.kenparkerarchtops.com/kenparkerarchtoa.html

and here is a great article with lots of insight into guitar construction

http://www.kenparkerarchtops.com/NewYorkerArticle.pdf

Cheers
:donut2

Quote from: thirdlake123 on February 15, 2011, 06:43:25 PM
A Ken Parker Olive Branch archtop acoustic. I know that I will never touch one, but I can dream.

http://www.kenparkerarchtops.com/kenparkerarchtoa.html

Cheers
:donut2

Thats quite an interesting design.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Interesting design but very nice all the same...  Lots of nice selections there...

Sean