Opening threads at the end of the conversation??

Started by jazzereh, November 30, 2023, 10:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When I log into a thread I always 'start' at the end, the last post in the conversation.  When there are several posts after the last time I logged into that thread I then have to scroll up to the last post I had read previously.  Not a huge deal but irritating and on other forums I log in where I last stopped reading posts.  Hope this is making sense.

Is there a setting that I can use when logging in to a thread [that I have been reading] at the last post I read previously?
Thanks
Ralph

Quote from: jazzereh on November 30, 2023, 10:04:05 AMWhen I log into a thread I always 'start' at the end, the last post in the conversation.  When there are several posts after the last time I logged into that thread I then have to scroll up to the last post I had read previously.  Not a huge deal but irritating and on other forums I log in where I last stopped reading posts.  Hope this is making sense.

Is there a setting that I can use when logging in to a thread [that I have been reading] at the last post I read previously?
Thanks
Ralph

Look upper right. See the heading, "Unread posts"? Click there.  :beer

Thanks, that almost worked.  I've been using that button but it takes me to the top of a thread even if I have read part way through the posts.

So I'm guessing there is not a way to go to the last post 'I' read in a thread??

Quote from: jazzereh on December 03, 2023, 10:02:56 AMThanks, that almost worked.  I've been using that button but it takes me to the top of a thread even if I have read part way through the posts.

So I'm guessing there is not a way to go to the last post 'I' read in a thread??

At least, it takes you to the last page. I use a laptop and a mouse so it's no big deal scrolling down.  :cheers

I guess my only options are to scroll up or down. 

Just went to the thread about the FVI that was started several days back but with some new posts.  When I clicked on the 'unread posts' button and on that thread, it took me to the first page and there are now a few pages...

Just a bit irritating compared to this kind of option on other forums.  But, not a big deal in the long run.

Quote from: jazzereh on December 03, 2023, 01:39:36 PMI guess my only options are to scroll up or down. 

Just went to the thread about the FVI that was started several days back but with some new posts.  When I clicked on the 'unread posts' button and on that thread, it took me to the first page and there are now a few pages...

Just a bit irritating compared to this kind of option on other forums.  But, not a big deal in the long run.

Ah, I see what you mean. Clicking unread posts will only take you to unread posts. If there are none, you have to go to the topic and click the page you want if there's more than one.