Why LS body isn’t more popular?

Started by StringPicker6, March 17, 2024, 11:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: headsup on March 20, 2024, 08:13:49 PM:donut  :donut2  :coffee  :cheers
I'm a big fan of the LS model.

I've had a few, and presently play an LS-10 on shows.
Extremely comfortable, and this one has the Florentine cutaway.
So accessing the higher frets is a dream.
When'' paired with the C-09 BZ- certainly most of the harmonic bases are covered.

Somewhere the dimensions between the two are posted.
Natually, because of the smaller body size and the cutaway, the LS doesn't have the power of its bigger brother, but it more than makes up for it in sweetness of tone.

Never had a chance to try one. I'm sure they're terrific. I've owned several L's and think they are simply the best. Long time no post. How you doin'?

I really like the LS body.  As in the FVI.  These are excellent for my style of playing, mostly fingerstyle.

I've been watching for used LS models but, given the relatively small number Larrivee has built over the years, don't come up much.  And, I hate the cutaway so don't want one of those and that narrows it down even more.

Someone has their Forum VI posted on eBay. I'd buy it but I don't have the cash...
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Quote from: StringPicker6 on March 21, 2024, 05:35:15 PMSomeone has their Forum VI posted on eBay. I'd buy it but I don't have the cash...
It is listed about $100 US over what we paid originally.
I cannot see clearly the "aftermarket tuners". Says Gotoh 510.
I know who the original buyer was, and I know who the second owner was, but not what has happened in the meantime.
My notes reflect the pickguard was to have been shipped in the case. But we know some pickguards were attached anyhow.
Notes from ad "Luthier Notes: Reseat High Frets, Fret Dress, Raise Saddle, Setup". OK no real problem there.
Just commenting from my old notes.
EDIT - ad also says ivoroid binding on body and fretboard, not so, it is maple. And the pickguard was applied sort of out of position.
I like following the F-VI.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

There's a LS-09 presently for sale on Reverb...

If anyone is looking.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Hey I finally got it!!!

Thanks for the donuts!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Quote from: kelly campbell44 on March 25, 2024, 07:58:45 PM:donut  :donut2
This is cool, a regular avalanche of donuts from new members!
Thanks!
 :donut  :donut2  :coffee  :coffee
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 17, 2024, 12:24:24 PMModels come and go from the Larrivee lineup. I imagine not enough interest in them. I don't know why everyone didn't run out and buy an RS-4. If it ain't a dread (or perhaps an OM), it isn't selling? Personally, I'd say if you don't have an L model, you're missing the essential and quintessential Larrivee. Perhaps the LS is a bit redundant?   

I think you're right, those that have discovered and appreciate Larrivee and the L body is a small market and it would be splitting hairs on that segment that might want or entertain a variation of that model.

Before I got my OM, I really wanted the L body for the reason you mentioned, that being a more less definitive Larrivee but availability was not there for the L-03 I was after and I kind of thought I knew I wanted a Larrivee and it wasn't going to be the last guitar I buy so I got an instock OM40. 

Now looking back, I am certainly satisfied with the guitar but can't help but feel the 40 series scalloped bracing and other design cues were made to appeal to someone considering a Martin type and find myself still wanting a more definitive Larrivee.

I'm constantly pleased with the sound of my L.
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R