Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Dotneck on January 07, 2009, 05:44:03 AM

Bluesman...I was teasing when I posted the even/odd build sequence. It seemed so silly that I didn't think anybody would believe it. The number in Randy's order thread will have no impact on build or ship sequence...its just a list of orders.  Larrivee builds guitars in batches...and whose guitar is in any batch will be luck of the draw.

That's pretty much my understanding too.  OK if there is 20 or 30 orders, but a bummer if there is 70-80 odd.  Some folk might have to wait a good while for theirs.

Still, if we maintain this thread for the arrival of the new guitars, rather than start a new one, we might make 200 pages that way!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

I understand that Larrivee can produce 60-80 guitars a day. It won't take them long to get these out.

Don't fret.

:guitar

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Ben- I'm normally not that gullible, but I guess you got me on that one !
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Do folks really care what number their guitar is?  Iwas just curious... :?
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

yes. the lower the better, higher numbers stink.  :winkin:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Right...Well, I gues I really stink because I was the LAST ONE to order  :whistling:
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

Quote from: Bltprf502 on January 07, 2009, 01:39:34 PM
Right...Well, I gues I really stink because I was the LAST ONE to order  :whistling:

Sadly that doesn't mean you get the last number  :laughin:
Quote from: rpm60912 on January 05, 2009, 09:10:40 AM
Specific numbers have been assigned to specific people as a special request to Jim H.
Jeffrey

I'm cool with it.....  Just playing :bgrin:  SO what #'s are taken?

Quote from: bluesman67 on January 07, 2009, 01:28:31 PM
yes. the lower the better, higher numbers stink.  :winkin:

I guess I'm screwed then
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Thanks right, you stink more than all of us!!  This is my understanding of the numbering, that Jim assigned the number to the guitar in order of the people placing orders. 
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

But at least you ordered!  :thumb

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: Broadus on January 07, 2009, 02:59:33 PM
But at least you ordered!  :thumb

Bill

I believe the only # of any significance is #1 of xx......The first one will carry a little bit of extra mojo.   All the rest are just that....  the rest.   Perhaps the last # will have a little clout as well since there will be no more after that one.   If yours isn't #1 or the last # then it really makes no difference as far as I can tell.  I thought I would be #3 or #4 since I ordered immediately after Bluesman67 who was order #2 I think.   But I don't have any idea if that's correct.  Like I said:  if it ain't #1 then what's the difference.

Tuffythepug

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 07, 2009, 04:17:16 PM

I believe the only # of any significance is #1 of xx......The first one will carry a little bit of extra mojo.   All the rest are just that....  the rest.   Perhaps the last # will have a little clout as well since there will be no more after that one.   If yours isn't #1 or the last # then it really makes no difference as far as I can tell.  I thought I would be #3 or #4 since I ordered immediately after Bluesman67 who was order #2 I think.   But I don't have any idea if that's correct.  Like I said:  if it ain't #1 then what's the difference.

Tuffythepug

I thought JH would get #1, and for some reason thought that Ricky had requested the last one, or did I imagine that?  Like you say, it doesn't really matter, I am just excited to be getting one!!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

If you really want to know what # you are, email Jim & when he has a chance, he'll let you know.
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

I know Ricky got the last one  :tongue:  I know this cuz I've requested for the last one... lol
and JH told me it was taken by Ricky already.

Jeffrey

I would like to think the numbers could simply be for identification and not stratification or ostentation. We already need to be cognizant that there are haves and have-nots. While every forum member had the notification and opportunity to participate not all who were interested were able to make the financial commitment to buy one at this time. I would not want my joy to become a cause for another's remorse nor would I want my assigned number to become a point of pride or comparison.

I understand that Ricky and Jim had the opportunity and have made a choice to assign #1. I am happy to trust their motive and judgment. Let's please don't worry about the importance of a sequence number when we should be anticipating the joy of owning our own special instruments.

Chivalry, camaraderie, and common cause should be upheld, so help me Excalibur!  (Insert your own positive motive here.)

I'll get off the white horse now, I never was a good equestrian.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: BluesMan1 on January 07, 2009, 04:37:30 PM
If you really want to know what # you are, email Jim & when he has a chance, he'll let you know.

No way man, leave the guy alone! He's setting up my Martin D-18 right now!!!!     :laughin:
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

I think I'm in the middle of the pack and you know what?...thats ok with me.  I'm just happy I'm getting one of these special guitars.  i don't think the number really matters at all.  I'm kinda thinking that I wouldn't want to be in the first ten anyways cause these guitars will be the first in this body style that they have made in quite some years.  Ya never wanna buy the car in the first couple of months of production.... :humour: :humour: :humour:

What I want to know is what does Larrivee think of this whole crazy project?  Were they shocked by the size of the order?  Did they get a kick out of the whole thing or do they think we is all nuts?

Now 88 days to go and counting....

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: BluesMan1 on January 07, 2009, 04:37:30 PM
I already know because I'm special...
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"