Sam Ash closing all their stores after 100 years!

Started by StringPicker6, May 04, 2024, 12:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sad news, but Sam Ash will be closing all their stores.  Good news if you want some good deals on gear and guitars....
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

I hate to see anyone go out of business.  We have a nice Sam Ash store in the Dallas area that I've been to a few times.  It's located on a stretch of road between two GCs.  Makes me wonder how GC can make it and Sam Ash can't? 

Yeah, sad. I dropped by one near me a few days ago for a curious farewell. The acoustic room was cleared out completely and there was really nothing enticing remaining on the walls. It was one of the early announced closeouts so it's been picked clean. . .

This is simply how it is in the year 2024. All storefront retail is personal stuff you can't reasonably buy on-line. A million nail salons, waxing (!!!), coffee shops and food etc. Surprisingly my local Barnes and Noble is still open.
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Quote from: jpmist on May 04, 2024, 02:24:18 PMYeah, sad. I dropped by one near me a few days ago for a curious farewell. The acoustic room was cleared out completely and there was really nothing enticing remaining on the walls. It was one of the early announced closeouts so it's been picked clean. . .

This is simply how it is in the year 2024. All storefront retail is personal stuff you can't reasonably buy on-line. A million nail salons, waxing (!!!), coffee shops and food etc. Surprisingly my local Barnes and Noble is still open.
Yeah, food and the ubiquitous doctor's/dentist's offices.