Replace Tuning Key?

Started by richardmac, May 03, 2009, 09:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a Larrivee D03 and just last night I was tuning up the G string and the tuning key broke in two!  That sucked. 

Question - What's the easiest way to replace it?  The tuners say "Larrivee" on the back of them.  Do I need to buy a whole new set, or is it possible to just order a replacement?  I need to do one or the other right away.

I would advise contacting Larrivee directly at info@larrivee.com.
--------------
www.MacNichol.com

If you just broke the knob (rather than the entire gear), you can get a set of replacement knobs at www.stewmac.com

Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure which type of knob fits the standard (Ping-brand) tuners on Larrivee's.  The replacement knobs are generally for schaller, gotoh or grover brand tuners.  Anybody know?

Quote from: richardmac on May 03, 2009, 09:07:19 PM
I have a Larrivee D03 and just last night I was tuning up the G string and the tuning key broke in two!  That sucked. 

Question - What's the easiest way to replace it?  The tuners say "Larrivee" on the back of them.  Do I need to buy a whole new set, or is it possible to just order a replacement?  I need to do one or the other right away.

What exactly broke..the plastic button or the metal tuning key?  If it was the button, what color was it?  Were the keys regular or mini size?

What broke was the black plastic tuning key itself.  Rather than try to replace it and then have one of the other black plastic keys bust on me four months from now during a gig, I opted to replace my tuners with Grover Locking Rotomatics.  They're working great!  I love that I no longer need to guess how much string to feed the thing, and they tune with an 18 to 1 ratio so they're pretty responsive.  Oh, and they're metal, not plastic.

Post a pic of that set-up please! Sounds nice- and you made it over 10 now -

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -