Weekend Routines

Started by Silence Dogood, May 11, 2024, 09:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I would enjoy reading about your weekend routines.  Some of you are probably retired, but I'm still a rat on the wheel and very much look forward to Saturday morning.  Here is what mine typically looks like:

Up around 6:00 AM and go downstairs to the kitchen to start the coffee.  Get out my laptop and fire it up.  Check email and cruise my favorite sites for a good while (I'm doing this right now) to catch up on my favorite topics (no news, mostly music-related).  After I've gotten all that out of my system, I move into my den and do my online guitar lessons, usually on my electric guitar.  I play my Larrivee throughout the week but weekends are usually when I drag out the electric.  I'll try and learn something new and practice it all week on my Larrivee, along with all the other stuff I just feel like playing. 

After a few hours on the guitar of learning something new or honing that I tried to learn last weekend, I'll go outside and water my plants, blow off the drive, etc.  The evening will find the wife and I doing something: probably watching some TV together (this counts as spending time together for her  :? ).  If I've not stayed up too late, I'll usually finish off the night with the Larrivee by the bedside. 

Sundays are different.  There can be church, family gatherings, and other plans that will make that day different.  But Saturdays are Golden. 

Being retired, my weekend routine happens seven days a week. It starts early with about a half hour of range of motion exercises. This is followed by coffee and an hour on the guitar. I usually work on technical exercises in the morning concentrating on the picking hand in particular. For this session, I use music by Sor, Carcassi, Villa Lobos, and Brouwer. Then I have breakfast and take our dog for a walk. Depending on the day, as President of our HOA, I usually attend to some needed functions. I exercise for about half hour a day on our exercise bike due to health issues. We have our main meal at noon. Our social calendar seems to be about 50% Dr. appointments LOL. In the afternoon, I practice one to two hours mainly on things I've decided to play from memory. These are primarily classical pieces, jazz standards, and some Celtic pieces arranged by some of my favorite guitarists. During these sessions, I usually use music to make sure I'm not changing or adding notes to the arrangements. And then there is happy hour at 5 LOL. I usually use my SD-40RW for my technical practice and my D-40RW and D-40 for my afternoon sessions as I need that 19th fret. I use each of my instruments every day.

Whats a weekend?I run my shop 7 days a week.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on May 11, 2024, 11:35:53 AMWhats a weekend?I run my shop 7 days a week.
Sorry to hear that, Rob.  A man needs at least one day a week off.  Even the Almighty took a day off!
 :laughin:

Since I work for myself, I work every day, unless I actually go out of town. I blend my "weekend" stuff into the week and do yardwork in the late afternoon, cleaning around the home in the evening. I really like it this way as I can do whatever strikes me in the moment. If my neck is bothering me and I can't sit at the computer, I can just switch it up for a couple hours.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.