Saw some nice stuff at Yarnell Place today

Started by Walkerman, November 08, 2011, 05:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Made a little after lunch visit to Yarnell Place today.  There were some really nice things there.  I saw some of the Wildwood guitars...the ones with the quilted hog B/S and tops were really special.

Also saw the new generation of cases for acoustic guitars.  They are very nice...they even have a small Larrivee plaque on the side of the case next to the handle.  The handles, BTW, are leather and not plastic.

Saw alot of Bakersfield bodies, and a couple of very special necks   :whistling:

Lastly, I saw a really, really nice metallic blue body..... :nice guitar:

Time passes so slow when you're waiting.

A Dream Luncheon for sure  :blush:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: Walkerman on November 08, 2011, 05:50:45 PM

Saw alot of Bakersfield bodies, and a couple of very special necks   :whistling:

Lastly, I saw a really, really nice metallic blue body..... :nice guitar:

Time passes so slow when you're waiting.

What are you hinting at ...  :rolleye:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 09, 2011, 09:30:54 AM
What are you hinting at ...  :rolleye:
Someone here is getting a really nice metallic blue Bakersfield....with a different sort of neck (I am sure he will post pictures)....unfortunately, it's not me.  I AM getting a butterscotch one with a different sort of neck, and I will post pictures.

BTW......the shop name for "metallic blue" is Subaru blue.....doesn't have the same panache as metallic blue.

I saw some of the Bakersfield necks with the RW fretboard.  They're very nice, but it's hard getting used to a tele with a separate fretboard.

Matthew told me that the Larrivees will show up at the GC "platinum" stores first, so if you live by one of those, keep your eyes peeled.

Also, Matthew showed me some very special silver oak sets.  Really, really nice figuring.  Said they would probably be used on some pretty high end boxes.

Thanks for the "field report" ... looking forward to hearing more about those special necks...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992