Luthiers and repair techs available to forum members for repairs & tuning

Started by DJ in FL, June 28, 2009, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any shops in between Sarasota and Fort Myers Fl?
Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.

I'll add,

Gord Barry at the 12th Fret in Toronto. www.12fret.com

Mark Stutman at Folkway Music, Waterloo On. www.folkwaymusic.com

This thread's been pretty quiet - but can always use more information and updating.

In the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, Hoffman Guitars do excellent work. They worked on a guitar for me last year and I am beyond pleased with the work they did - really nailed my request!

Charlie Hoffman, the owner, builds and maybe still does some repairs, but my guitar was worked on by one of their other techs, Aaron. They have several good people in their shop. Price and turn around time were both very reasonable.

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Lost the services of the best tech/luthier I've had the pleasure know in 45 years of playing- Jason Durham. (Yes the tears are still drying. :crying:) I live about 20 minutes outside of Athens, GA.  Any recommendations for someone in this area?
Thanks...
2007 LV 05e
1972 Martin D35-S
2017 Cordoba Orchestra CE (nylon crossover)
2021 Alvarez AP66 ESHB Parlor
2011 Custom built Vintage "Strat"
2020 Fender Custom Telecaster FMT HH

Still looking for a great tech in SW Florida. My C-10 needs some work!
Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.

I don't know anyone in the area,best bet is ask some of the locals or call me maybe I can help.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Guitar top ding repairs I have seen on You tube can restore the nice flat appearance of a guitar sound board.  Restoring the wood grain is altogether undoable.  I am a former Disney artist with an eye for color and detail. Working in ultra thin oils, I have made near invisible repairs to wood grain.  Admittedly these are faux textures, but none can tell.  This is not an add, but if you just can live with that unsightly top,...   lol.   :nanadance