Free Cleartone Strings

Started by tone@cleartone, October 11, 2006, 12:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all!

We at Cleartone Strings would like to introduce ourselves to everyone at the Larrivee Forum. You might have heard that Cleartones are now Original Equipment on all Larrivee Guitars. Some of you might have already bought and tried a set of Cleartones at one of your favorite retailers. We hope most of you who have, really enjoyed Cleartones and they work well for you. So, as an opportunity to introduce ourselves to new players in hopes of getting "the word" out there, we have set up a special secret link in my signature that takes you to a sign-up page for a free set. All we want to do is get Cleartones in as many players hands as possible and thank those of you who continue to use Cleartone. If you like them, we hope you continue to use them and talk about it in the forum. If not, no worries.
But remember, Cleartones aren't for everyone. They are for those who tried coated strings, and didn't like the tone and feel compromise they had to give up for the sake of longer string life. If you tried coated strings because you wanted all the string life WITHOUT the slick feel or muted sound, then Cleartones might be for you. But, if you like the smoother feel and mellower sound of other coated strings, Cleartone will be a radical change.

Anyway, have fun and remember to stop by and leave us a comment on our website. There is a limited supply so sign up as soon as you can.

Thanks again,

Tone at Cleartone Strings

I'm in. As far as I can tell, they're unavailable where I live. I'd like to try them.   

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 11, 2006, 12:59:19 PM
I'm in. As far as I can tell, they're unavailable where I live. I'd like to try them.   

Same here but I filled out the form anyways.  Maybe they'll send me a set up here in Canada.  They only give one gauge option for the acoustic set, lights. 

VERY NICE WAY TO START OFF WITH THE LARRIVEE FORUM! THANK YOU :thumbsup

I put in for a set sent to Canada as well. The form, as most forms are in the US, only has a place for State and ZIP.  I know we're only 1/10 the size of the US, but hey!, Larrivee is from Canada! :)

I'll be interested in giving the Cleartones a try. I'm a diehard Elixir Phosphor Bronze Nano fan... so I think I feel an A/B comparison review coming on!
2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La

We are working on getting the samples into Canada too. Signup anyway, chances are good they'll show up.
Thanks!!

I'm an Elixir champion as well...I'm intersted to see how they compare...I look fwd to trying them for myself!

:cheers

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Wow, I'm in.

I really like Elixir PB on my Taylor, but they don't do it for me on my Larrivee.  Maybe the Cleartones will do the trick.  I have mediums on it now, but may need to do a truss rod adjustment and through the Cleartone lights on.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

Info sent.
I've wanted to try these for a while.
Thanks
-josh
Larrivee P-03MT
Martin 00
Epiphone Bluesmaster

this is the coolest thing ive ever seen on a guitar forum.

Oh, how cool! 

So is this exclusively for Larrivee forum members and Larrivee guitar owners???...

I knew there was a reason I liked Larrivee's so much :roll

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><

I got my OM-3R last June and have restrung since with Cleartones.  Good tone, and the mileage is great.  I'll probably beef up to mediums on the next change.  Tried a set on my telecaster, and these get a harder workout.  We'll see how they hold up...but that's another forum. :guitar
mud

I have a guitar for every guage so woo hooo! Very cool Mr. Tone!  :+1:

Well I put "United Kingdom" into the 'State' box  :thumb  so we'll see if the offer stretches across the pond  :doh

1992 Larrivée L-09 Koa

I filled in a form.  Thanks!
More than I deserve.

Just sent for a set -- Thanks!! I've tried them once before on my LS-05 -- they didn't do it for me. But I'll try them on the L-03R and see what happens!
L-03R
LS-05

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Another Canadian signs up....

i normaly use Ej19's and / or JP "slack-key" sets...i see a new 12->56 set  on offer ;-)

love to try a set, and many thanks!

welcome! a bit-0-tech support and expertise is always good  news!

can you tell us a bit about how you test your strings? Do you have a studio set-up? and what kind of guitars do you use to test?

Ta from up here

d.

I'm in  !!  :nana_guitar

Welcome to the forum.  This is much better than  :donut :donut2  and :coffee.   

:thumb

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor