Reason to have more than one guitar ?

Started by lw216316, June 03, 2009, 09:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteNow, I have a new wife, a new life, & many more guitars.
I would like more

DUDE !...be content with one good wife    :bgrin:

- Larry
PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50

Quote from: lw216316 on June 08, 2009, 02:47:30 PM
DUDE !...be content with one good wife    :bgrin:

- Larry

amen to that, brother  :cop:
2002 Yamaha F310-TBS (Sandy/K&K PWM)
2008 Larrivee D-03R (Luna/K&K PWM)

Dang just one wife.....I was thinking of adding a couple,using all the statements for having more then one guitar  :drool:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Don't worry Larry, one wife will suffice! :humour:   I used to be a Mormon years ago, but not way back when you could have more than one. Dang!
   Am happy with my wife, & my life, & all of the added strife! Makes me feel alive.
     Jeff   :guitar
   And don't worry, I left the church @ age 15, much too young to marry, unless you one of them Southun' boys!
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Reason to have more than one guitar ? Just a word: GAS!!

Variety is the spice of life
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

The dude abides & gives words of wisdom! Treat them well & the same will be done for you. But I've never heard of one TALKING a husband into buying 2 bikes. You the man! :bowdown:
     Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Yep, my wife buys most of my guitars and

the odd time her identical twin sister also buys or gives me cash to buy guitar(s) for me.

ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on June 09, 2009, 10:32:10 PM
Yep, my wife buys most of my guitars and

the odd time her identical twin sister also buys or gives me cash to buy guitar(s) for me.

ricky

HUH? Am I seein' 2 post here?  :bgrin: :bgrin:
cheers
fongie

One of each in every color!
  :humour:
Mark

Larrivee Parlor
'05Martin 000x
'91 Gibson Star
'93Gibson J-45
'08 Gibson SG Faded
"06 Fender Neck Thru Strat
68 Gibson ES-330

Because I'm the king,  my wife tells me I'm allowed to have whatever I want.   She doesn't really care.   

Phew... what a relief to read this one.

I sold all my electric stuff this last week and bought THREE acoustics – OM-03R, P-05 and a Stanford. At this rate I'll have 78 guitars by Christmas!  :laughin: :laughin: :laughin:

And all the family will have to get you will be strings and picks for your presents!

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: Pulvus on June 09, 2009, 06:35:47 AM
Reason to have more than one guitar ? Just a word: GAS!!

Absolutely !

I can talk myself into just about anything. My wife takes a little more work unfortunately. I actually only have one guitar, but man i get G.A.S. really bad sometimes. To the point where I wake up the morning and the first thought that goes through my head is about a guitar Im chasing.

My current obsession is a 000-50. Just a few days ago it was a Martin 000-16GT. I am not well......

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on June 28, 2009, 08:30:19 AM

My current obsession is a 000-50. Just a few days ago it was a Martin 000-16GT. I am not well......

:laughin: Funny Scott, but I know what you mean.  If it helps, I think it is important to look past looks etc., and think about what kind of music you would most likely use it for.  I have been learning a lot of Nick Drake stuff, and love that woody detuned sound.  I am therefore GASsing for a small bodied all hog guitar.

I thought it was a Larry P-05MT, a Martin 00-15 or a GuildM20, but I saw the most beautiful Huss & Dalton 00SP Hog Top on Ebay that I can't stop looking at.  Unfortunately it is £3k!!!

GAS is natural (pun intended).
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on June 28, 2009, 08:40:01 AM
I saw the most beautiful Huss & Dalton 00SP Hog Top on Ebay that I can't stop looking at.  Unfortunately it is £3k!!!

GAS is natural (pun intended).

Wow Ben, thats serious G.A.S. The expensive kind ! I once wrote down a list of all the guitars Id seriously considered owning, it just got ridiculous in the end. Its easier to say I just want one......of each. :cheers

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: flatlander on June 04, 2009, 12:55:51 PM
Or the Dan method of buying the wife the sports car.

That's exactly what I did... only it was 'her money' that bought the sports car – I just provided the deviously necessary encouragement.

I can buy a lot of guitars for that car, not to mention the fly rods, the canoe...  :bgrin:

Ya know what guys?....Imo,GAS is good to accept!

Kinda like a chocolate addiction.You just know it is great,and can easily trigger a binge,but just realize it has to be taken in small doses.Btw,I'm in great shape and work out regularly....but...around the Holiday season,with some really nice Milk chocolate/almond treats given as gifts...OYE VEY! :rolleye:

Stay away from The Unnofficial Martin Guitar Forum if you don't want to be tempted!There are some folks there who make GAS look like it should be the norm.Their posted pics are to die for.......To each his own I guess.

best