Tuner Knobs

Started by ricketts, May 17, 2016, 04:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recently purchased a new Larrivee L-03 (love it!) - Sent to Stew Mac for new tuner knobs (black ebony - although they feel slick like plastic) Think I ordered the wrong knobs (Shaller Large), they don't seal with the screw properly.  The Larrivee website says JCL 18: are what is on the guitar, marked Larrivee on the back. Anyone know what size/brand ebony know will fit the L-03?
Thanks a million!
Ricketts

Good luck...  if you find the answer to this, you could make a fortune buying a crate and selling them to all the people who have been looking for years!

Ed

The JCL tuners are made by Faradyne. (sp?)  Schaller knobs do not fit.

As far as I know, nobody has knobs that fit.

If the tuners have Larrivee printed on the back they are Pings and you won't find replacement knobs.  Don't know about the Faradynes except they are marked JCL on the back.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I have a set that worked, but don't know where they came from. Walkerman sent me a box full of tuners, misc, and lots of sets of ebony buttons.
    Recently one of that set stripped on the inside of the button. I checked thru all those different buttons and not one of them worked, except one from a set of four white ones. So for now my "O Project"  parlor has five ebony and one white tuner button. Kinda like it myself.

A couple of years ago I replaced the Larrivee ping chrome tuner buttons on my 98 D-09 with Ivoroid Gotoh tuner buttons which are easily obtainable From Domo and they fit perfectly.
Just saying,
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!

Quote from: dependan on May 20, 2016, 02:19:07 PM
I have a set that worked, but don't know where they came from. Walkerman sent me a box full of tuners, misc, and lots of sets of ebony buttons.
    Recently one of that set stripped on the inside of the button. I checked thru all those different buttons and not one of them worked, except one from a set of four white ones. So for now my "O Project"  parlor has five ebony and one white tuner button. Kinda like it myself.
How about black on E,G,D,E and white on B and A?
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on May 22, 2016, 09:31:36 AM
How about black on E,G,D,E and white on B and A?
I have thought about it. But all the black one needs is the metal insert glued back in.

Quote from: dependan on May 22, 2016, 02:40:32 PM
I have thought about it. But all the black one needs is the metal insert glued back in.

A drop of super glue is all it takes to get the inserts good and tight again.

Ed

Quote from: dependan on May 20, 2016, 02:19:07 PM

I knew I sent that box to the right person.  You think like me.

Hello

I recently bought an P-01 ISS and was also wondering if it is possible to change the knobs.
Guessing from what I've read so far it is not that easy to find tuner knobs that will actually fit.

Does anybody here know of knobs that fit on the parlor tuners?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bringing it up again , I fear this question has been answered a couple of times before

Quote from: ThomasJME on October 01, 2016, 04:25:17 PM
Hello

I recently bought an P-01 ISS and was also wondering if it is possible to change the knobs.
Guessing from what I've read so far it is not that easy to find tuner knobs that will actually fit.

Does anybody here know of knobs that fit on the parlor tuners?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bringing it up again , I fear this question has been answered a couple of times before

I have dozens of ebony tuner buttons. But, sorry to say that they just don't work with the tuners that Larrivee uses. Good luck.