Colosi bone saddle for my OM MQ

Started by TMAC, April 16, 2008, 07:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: jeremy3220 on April 28, 2008, 06:38:25 PM
It's not the angle, it's the point where it contacts the saddle - thus making the distance between the nut and saddle longer.

Ah...yes...but it is indeed, the angle, that influences just where the string makes contact with the saddle, thereby impacting the accuracy of the intonation : )  And this is why we travel a good distance, to pay good money, to a good luthier, to make our saddles!
Sharon

Larrivee OM-09

~~Music is all about a movement - and if it creates movement, in at least two people, one being other than yourself, then it was all worthwhile, to have given it life...S.E.H 05|12|2007~~

Not necessarily, the angle can be greater or lesser with the contact point in the same spot.

Quote from: TMAC on April 28, 2008, 06:21:01 PM
Thanks for the clarification folks, but why the special angle for the B string?
tmac
I think you may have been asking why the B and not the others. The answer is........

Out there somewhere. But it also may have something to do with the fact we tune B down in normal tuning. Usually when I show what little I really know about this stuff someone will come along with the "right stuff"  Danny    :guitar