Has anyone seen an aftermarket tuner that mounts inside the soundhole?

Started by campfirehero, October 13, 2007, 09:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've seen one somewhere on a guitar forum, but I lost the link, it was a chromatic tuner, pretty small, that was mounted in the soundhole on the soundboard, but you could see it when looking down at the guitar while playing. I think it has a 9v battery but I read you could splice into an existing pickup with a battery and run both off of one 9v.

Anyone know what I'm talking about??

I already have an intellitouch, but it has it's problems...

Quote from: campfirehero on October 13, 2007, 09:44:43 AM
  I've seen one somewhere on a guitar forum, but I lost the link, it was a chromatic tuner, pretty small, that was mounted in the soundhole on the soundboard, but you could see it when looking down at the guitar while playing. I think it has a 9v battery but I read you could splice into an existing pickup with a battery and run both off of one 9v.

Anyone know what I'm talking about??

I already have an intellitouch, but it has it's problems...

No, but you can use a tuner with a jack if your guitar has a pickup.

I don't know what your Intellitouch problems are, but I have found that few read the instructions that say you shouldn't use a pick. Mine works great when it's moved to the right spot on the head stock, and when I pluck lightly with my thumb and damp other vibrations. It seems much easier and cheaper than weighing your guitar with something that is not even a pickup.

Good luck.

there it is, the wittman tuner, thanks a lot thistle!!

The reason why I don't like the intellitouch is locking onto the low E, everyone has trouble, and yes I don't use a pick when tuning. Now try finding a Low C# with the intellitouch,  very tough sometimes, and you don't want it to fail while everyone is waiting...

I tune to open chords a lot and the low e can cause problems when tuning to d major/minor. What I have found is if you grab the same note higher then damp it while plucking the lower string it usually will lock on.

Intellitouch does much better on the low E if you use the 12th fret harmonic.
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com