Storing guitars

Started by KenHolden, June 11, 2007, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I will be storing my 2 larrivee's along with the rest of my gear over this summer while im working. I'll be taking my seagull with me, so i wont have to worry as much about it compared to the others.

my biggest questions are:

should i tune the guitars down a step while im gone for the 2 months?

and should i try that humidipak from planet waves, or will the cases do the job at keeping the moisture out or in?

thanks
Larrivee D-50 total sunburst
Larrivee D-03r
Gibson Custom Shop Advance Jumbo Gold
Gibson SG Classic
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull S6+GT
Art&Lutherie 12 String
Epiphone M-20 Mandolin
1960/61 Supro Lap Steel
Squier P-Bass

Send that D-50 to me! I'll hold it for you. I'll keep it humidfied and help break it in.

If your room stays mostly in the acceptable range I would not use a humidfier. I'd be worried about mold.

I don't know about tuning down, I mean if you were  going to play them during the summer they wouldnt be tuned down that whole time.

But seriously... send me the D-50.

I keep my stuff tuned and with the headstock up.I'd put them in one room with a humidifier/dehumidifier unit.Check your local big box hardware store.Being in Florida I use just the dehumidifier.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

My Parlor had humidity problems and the face grain popped.  Thanks to the little Elves a Planet Waves and the Humidipak.  I use the on all my acoustic guitars even in my Humidicase.  They are great!!!!!  My Parlor came back to new condition.  I highly recomend, a real winner. :nana_guitar
Larrivee OM-03RE 2004
Larrivee Parlor O-R 2003
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Taylor T5z - Mahogany
Yamaha Acoustic SLG200