Ever snuck a Guitar into your collection without your partner knowing?

Started by obe-wan, August 17, 2008, 09:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attribute a quote ??     Well, if you click on the "quote" tab for your response to a post it should come up already attributed above the shaded box in your post.   (Did that make any sense) ?

I don't sneak them in because we have come to an agreement. I am on a one in - one out arrangement with the wife. Long as I sell one when I buy a new one, I can pretty much rotate my gear as much as I want. I have some gear that I've had for many years but other stuff that is on a rotation where I flip it every few months to try something else. I buy used so never take too much of a loss on a sale and it is fun to experiment with different styles of guitars ad amps.
Fender American Strat
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES-335
05 Larrivee OM-03R
Gibson LC-1 Cascade

Holy %&^#! this is a funny thread!   :thumbsup

I'm not married yet fellas but living with an understanding partner (so far I have 3 in the stable).  When the wedding bells do ring in the future I am confident I have a full arsenal of tricks to satisfy the most severe GAS incidents.

....my coworkers are wondering what I'm reading cuz I have been lauging out loud so much!!!
Larrivee LV-03R-TF (Twelfth Fret Custom )
Celtic Cross Weissenborn

Quote from: canoeplayguitar on September 25, 2008, 03:12:24 PM
Holy %&^#! this is a funny thread!   :thumbsup

I'm not married yet fellas but living with an understanding partner (so far I have 3 in the stable).    

Uhhhmmmmm....you have 3 more what in the stable ?  She must be understanding !
I don't think guitar accumulation is going to be your problem my friend.   :bgrin:

Tuffythepug

I did sneak the Gibson J-40 in last week, but I let her know after an expensive romantic get a way. It worked :winkin:

If I ever find myself in the situation where I'm trying to 'sneak one in on my wife', then I know that my marriage is in trouble.

The world is full of guitars and there's always gonna be another one that I would like to have.  The dream list right now is way too long to even list here.

If I take the attitude that I'm just going to sneak one in, then I've valued owning that one more guitar more than being honest with my wife. 

Sorry, no guitar is worth that to me.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on September 25, 2008, 09:50:49 PM
If I ever find myself in the situation where I'm trying to 'sneak one in on my wife', then I know that my marriage is in trouble.

The world is full of guitars and there's always gonna be another one that I would like to have.  The dream list right now is way too long to even list here.

If I take the attitude that I'm just going to sneak one in, then I've valued owning that one more guitar more than being honest with my wife. 

Yea your right, That's why I only held out for a few days. (It did bother me) She's fine with it now, but who knows about next time, oh , er ,I mean , there won't be a next time....really. :thumbsup

I'm just not that slick. I always get caught doing anything... :blush:  LOL

I've brought in guitars without telling my wife...not sure if I can really say that she didn't notice.....

:?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Yes I have.....

the stitches came out in a couple of weeks and you can hardly see the scars at all anymore......

:humour:

Joe
Larrivee L03-R
Larrivee OM-09 12 Fret
Larrivee D02
Martin HD-28V
Martin D12X1
Fender Blacktop

No need to sneak anything in.

In the last 5 years my wife has purchased as gifts:
Gretsch 6120-60 Nashville
Standard Black Fender Telecaster
Standard Sage Green Stratocaster
Boss Drum Machine
Dunlop Wah Pedal

Talked me into purchasing a new 2003 National "Model 97" Tricone.
Maybe she is sneaking stuff in.
The Dude abides.

Oh god, what a question! Yes!!! I hate myself for it, but I once came home with a Gibson Songwriter and then waited for a while before I told my significant other about it. I resolve never to do such a thing again. I think Dr. Phil did a show on financial cheating once, didn't he?

Quote from: Tycho on August 17, 2008, 09:40:23 PM
My SO is a guitar player!  I don't have this problem!

Her mantra when I'm looking at a new guitar is: "Well if you really love it, you should get it." 

And of course I always do.

I'd do anything to get my wife to appreciate, play, like, tolerate and really love guitars. I must confess I did sneak in a brand new Ami parlor in early October. At first, I was hiding it. Then eventually, I took a big risk and played it in front of her with our kids. She never asked me any questions about it until now. It was only north of 250.

Unrepentant, I bought another guitar... a used one for 200 which I eventually sold within a month for 250.

But, I'm repenting of my slimy sneaky ways... and my wife says she'll buy me a guitar this Christmas, even though I'm still waiting for my newest purchase to arrive (of course, she's happy I sold one to buy one).

Better to be upfront and keep my guitar GAS-ing and buying out in the open - a frequent family topic these days - I'm afraid.  :blush: :wink: ricky

Quote from: ewalling on November 08, 2008, 12:41:12 AMI think Dr. Phil did a show on financial cheating once, didn't he?

Dr Phil...that's funny.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: rockstar_not on September 25, 2008, 09:50:49 PM

Thanks for this lesson. I'll have to remember this next time I'm tempted. So far, she's agreed to 2 guitars a year! And she knows I don't go for the cheap ones.  :laughin: ricky

I recently got nailed on the one in/out policy, just a few months lagging on the out part but women can have the memory of elephants...no honey, you're not fat.  :whistling:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Not yet  :humour: , but I surely considered it on more than one occasion!!!!  :tongue:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure