Phil Keagy Guitar Genius

Started by skipowder, March 29, 2005, 09:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteHEY SOAS, at least give jox a chance to explain, before labeling his comment ignorant. Everyone has a right to their opinion, in music and all other facets of life.
he gave his opinion and i gave mine.  :)  

Don't be shy Jox, I'm still curious but I suspect you are referring to all the looping he uses live and on CD.  While I'll agree It's artificial in that it's not being played in the moment, Phil is still the source.  I've seen him do it more than once.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for him not only as a God gifted musician but because he probably COULD have chosen a highly profitable career in music had he also chosen to be less outspoken about his Christian faith.
More than I deserve.

QuoteDon't be shy Jox, I'm still curious but I suspect you are referring to all the looping he uses live and on CD.  While I'll agree It's artificial in that it's not being played in the moment, Phil is still the source.  I've seen him do it more than once.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for him not only as a God gifted musician but because he probably COULD have chosen a highly profitable career in music had he also chosen to be less outspoken about his Christian faith.
Thats exactly what I was talking about. All that looping crap and fake harmony stuff he does. I saw a webcast of him once and he isnt my cup of tea.

Quotehe gave his opinion and i gave mine.  :)
Welcome Mr Keagy

QuoteDon't be shy Jox, I'm still curious but I suspect you are referring to all the looping he uses live and on CD.  While I'll agree It's artificial in that it's not being played in the moment, Phil is still the source.  I've seen him do it more than once.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for him not only as a God gifted musician but because he probably COULD have chosen a highly profitable career in music had he also chosen to be less outspoken about his Christian faith.
Thats exactly what I was talking about. All that looping crap and fake harmony stuff he does. I saw a webcast of him once and he isnt my cup of tea.
see, i dont get what your beef is with phil here. its ONE man doing all the parts. its ONE man making use of technology and making some cool music. if anything he should get props for being creative and thinking outside the box, dont you think? it may not be your cup of tea, but its far from "crap". again, go see him live sometime and experience it firsthand.  

Quote"fake harmony stuff he does."

I'm confused because if this is actually fake then all recordings of music we hear on CD, etc. are fake.  People play instruments, sing, etc. and this is recorded via analogue or digital means which is mixed and reproduced.  What Phil is doing isn't anything new.  I think Les Paul was the first to do it and he paved the way for what Phil can do on a stage by himself.  If you don't like the music, that's cool, but if you don't like the way it's made you might as well say that even the guy who play's acoustic alone and is recorded is also faking.  Straighten me out if I'm not thinking through this clearly.
More than I deserve.

Quote"fake harmony stuff he does."

I'm confused because if this is actually fake then all recordings of music we hear on CD, etc. are fake.  People play instruments, sing, etc. and this is recorded via analogue or digital means which is mixed and reproduced.  What Phil is doing isn't anything new.  I think Les Paul was the first to do it and he paved the way for what Phil can do on a stage by himself.  If you don't like the music, that's cool, but if you don't like the way it's made you might as well say that even the guy who play's acoustic alone and is recorded is also faking.  Straighten me out if I'm not thinking through this clearly.
My bust. Shouldnt have said fake.  

QuoteQuote..."Isn't my cup of tea"

I would have to agree, he isn't your cup of tea...Your cup of tea is laced with LSD.
Whatever you idiot.

If his music isnt my cup of tea then so be it. Im sure there are plenty of people that dont like his music, just because I was vocal about it doesnt merit this kind of response.

I have seen guitarist that impress me and guitarist that dont. He doesnt impress me. To each his own. Jeez.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

there are some things that are not cool, then there are some things that are just plain wrong. this pic, with its cute little caption is an example of something thats wrong. shame on you and God forbid you ever go thru the experience of a friend or loved one being mentally challenged. what a shame.... :(  

Guys, either grow up, or please find a new forum to visit.

Thread closed.

Zach