What Model Larrivee is This Guitar?

Started by DreamLarge, June 20, 2013, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Passionate Larrivee Guitar Lovers -

We inherited this guitar and no one in our family plays guitar. I want to sell it - but can't figure out what model number it is, or it's value. Can't find any exact matches on eBay or elsewhere.

If I post a bunch of pics - can you guys help me out?

Appreciate it.

BTW - The lady who gave it to us was old when she bought it and I don't think it was ever played.

Looks like a D-09. Can you find a serial # on the inside of soundhole on Neck block  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

D9 11177 - thanks - never looked in there!

You guys rock! :nana_guitar

Well - now that I know the model - how do I figure out the value. Unfortunately, I get 0 Results in current listings or sold on eBay. I found a D-09 at Musicians friend - but it looks different.

Also - is there a way to figure out the date of manufacture from the serial number or something?

I just saw another post in here where someone had a D9 and they knew it's manu date.

(ok - found the answer here:)  http://www.larrivee.com/obtainManufactureDate.php

Just sent them an email....

I tried to fill out the form on Wiki - don't know my top & bottom woods.

Thats a beauty! You can obtain a manufacture date by emailing Larrivee with the serial number and as others have stated it should be inside of the guitar on the neck block.

The top wood is most likely Sitka Spruce and the back and sides appear to be East Indian Rosewood. I have the same combination on my D-60 and absolutely love it.

The soundhole marquette is lovely!  :nice guitar:
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Not many guitarist, novice or seasoned, get one of those handed to them.  Might be a good time to take up the guitar!
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

Just going by similar numbers in the wiki, it looks like it is about 1991.  I have *no* idea of value.  I bet it is a great guitar though.

Ed

Guitar Center has a couple used D09's on their website, one as low as $829.
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

Quote from: 247hoopsfan on June 20, 2013, 03:54:50 PM
Guitar Center has a couple used D09's on their website, one as low as $829.
As good as this one looks it should bring 1500 at least. Adding the fact it has the Victoria label and the older style rosette.
         Guitar Center must have some beat up D-09's to be selling them that cheap.

Quote from: dependan on June 20, 2013, 04:02:45 PM
  As good as this one looks it should bring 1500 at least. Adding the fact it has the Victoria label and the older style rosette.

I go along with Danny on this one.   A regular recent vintage used D-09 would probably bring around $900 or so in today's market.  Maybe a little more.  But this one looks to be in pristine condition and has the label and the rosette that is not available any longer.  I think it would bring in considerably more than $900.  Like Danny said, perhaps up to $1,500 to a motivated buyer.

Thanks for your help everyone.

I took more pics and listed it on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300922627178#shId

Maybe I'll cut my fingernails and try "Where have all the flowers gone" if I can remember the chords before it's gone forever (assuming it sells.)

Better yet - I'll leave it safe in the case for the new owner.

Hope it goes to someone who appreciates a quality guitar. (For what I'm asking - how could it not!)

I did OR BEST OFFER as well.

Thanks again!

DreamLarge

Quote from: dependan on June 20, 2013, 04:02:45 PM
Wow really  :? I don't recall seeing a D-09 Indian Rosewood going for near that around here  :? You'll do well to get $1200 in these times  :crying: Personally I'd keep it
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

You could be right. If that is the case Larrivees have lost more value than I thought.

Dang,  thats nice!

If you're willing to ship to canada, I'll make you an offer.  I can't PM yet, as I'm still too new, but give me a hollar!

I'm looking for one of these...thanks!

email is: spyccheung@yahoo.com

D-09 as everyone above said.

Looks to be early 90's construction.  The headstock overlay changed to ebony in 97 I think, and the old style marquetry rosette makes me think earlier than that.

I'd expect to get $1200-1300 in today's market.

Hey Larrivee Forum Guys - Update on the listing....

Had an offer for $1200 - but it was Canada - and I'm only doing US shipments...  so that didn't fly.

He had an interesting question though - and I'd love your advice.

He asked if the neck was straight.

I guess that since it was left in a guitar case for 15+ years without loosening the strings fully - there is some risk of the neck not being straight?

How does one tell - one way or the other?

It certainly looks straight to my eye.

Thanks!

Here's the listing again for reference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300922627178#shId

Most guitars have a slight relief in the neck, so "straight" may not mean flat as a board.  Relief can easily be adjusted via the truss rod.  What a person/buyer should be concerned with is any "twist" in the neck...that's a problem.