WTB: D-03R or Martin 16RGT CANADA

Started by camelface, March 27, 2008, 10:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, I'd like to buy one of these intermediate level dreadnoughts. I only want to deal in Canada to avoid customs. Thank you very much for your offers.

Hey,  what is your price range? Are you looking for a mint guitar or one that's well used? :?

Johnny
1948 Gibson LG-2
1970 Martin D-18
1971 Martin 000-18
1974 Larrivee 12-String
1978 Larrivee L09-R

I'd consider both depending on price and model. What do you have?

I never ordered an acoustic from the USA before. Any Canadians know the approximate customs that can be charged on a 800$ acoustic? Thanks guys

**assuming the guitar was made in Canada or USA**

Hi, if you use UPS, you will pay about 57.55 + 5.00 of collecting = 62.55 + GST and provincial sale tax...So:  $800 + shipping + 62.55 UPS fees for preparing Brokerage papers + GST + PST

Hey, thanks for the response.

Just to make sure, you mean the 62$ is the customs right?

giving:

guitar=800$
shipping=x$
customs=62$
taxes=y$

Sorry, any other terms than these 4 confuse me. Thanks!

I have done this three times now..

No duties on guitars made in the NAFTA zone

BUT

there is can be brokerage fee

SO;

guitar= $800.00
shipping=x$
customs= $0.00
taxes=y$
brokerage fee = z$

I have had a guitar shipped to a FedX store just south of me in Bellingham, WA,  and cleared it myself, so brokerage fee = 0$, at another time i had one sent via the us post office, and the brokerage fee was $5.00...

That said both FedX and UPS charge a substaintial fee for this....

But there's two more options for you to think about.

d.

Ok. I didn't know UPS and FedEX could do that.

I'm confused and scared about it all because I once bought a small Fender amp from Ebay for ~300$ and had to pay Post Canada 80$. I'm pretty sure that amp was made in USA/NAFTA as it is a silverface. Whether it was for customs or a brokerage fee for them to clear it themselves I don't know, but it was expensive! Actually, the taxes would have been 45, and so 35 on customs/brokerage fees isn't too bad.

So, if I break it down I can expect the total price for a guitar shipped to Montreal to be:

guitar=800$
shipping=~65$
taxes at 15.56%=125
customs/brokerage=?

total: 990+?

Damn I wish I lived in the USA!

please don't send pms. i cannot check them for some reason.... you can msg in this thread

Are you still interested in a D-16RGT?? Mine's up 4 sale on Kijiji. :nice guitar:
1948 Gibson LG-2
1970 Martin D-18
1971 Martin 000-18
1974 Larrivee 12-String
1978 Larrivee L09-R

1948 Gibson LG-2
1970 Martin D-18
1971 Martin 000-18
1974 Larrivee 12-String
1978 Larrivee L09-R

As stated before, there is no duty on products manufactured in the NAFTA zone.

Canada Customs will collect GST on the declared value of the shipment.

Each carrier has their own fee for brokerage. This can range from $5, if using USPS/Canada Post, to much more (usually a flat fee plus a percentage of declared value) for other carriers.
Ron