Humidifying In A Gig Bag

Started by JohnM2001, February 03, 2005, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinda seems impossible to do effectively, am I wrong?  Just seems like the moisture would be drawn right out through the fabric, unlike in a hard case.  
D-02E

Just leave it out where it will get a beer spilled on it periodically...  :)  
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I got a more padded gig bag from thinmanmusic.com, which is vinyl on the outside. It seems to hold in the humidity well. It is a little big for the parlor, but I added the neck support, and it keeps it from sliding around. It also didn't break the bank!

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Great question.
I have considered this while I was looking for a parlor.  My best guess is it would still help to have a humidifier in it but it would not be nearly as effective as in a hardshell.  
-josh
Larrivee P-03MT
Martin 00
Epiphone Bluesmaster

QuoteKinda seems impossible to do effectively, am I wrong?  Just seems like the moisture would be drawn right out through the fabric, unlike in a hard case.
For day to day maintainance you can use a snake style humidifier - i.e. dampit- but if you live in a dry place ( below 35% RH at room temp) I recommend a room humidifier . Look through some of the old posts here and you'll see where I've militantly discussed humidity :>

Matthew