Donovan

Started by ducktrapper, October 27, 2023, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Dad  bought some of his first Donovan albums back in the 60's and I've learned to play a few of the songs through the years. ( Josie, Try for the Sun, and Catch the Wind are some of my favorites that I play still).  I'm working on "The Ballad of Geraldine" Good stuff!
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos

Quote from: old folky on November 02, 2023, 02:34:32 PMMy Dad  bought some of his first Donovan albums back in the 60's and I've learned to play a few of the songs through the years. ( Josie, Try for the Sun, and Catch the Wind are some of my favorites that I play still).  I'm working on "The Ballad of Geraldine" Good stuff!

Good songs. Is he known as Really Old Folkie?  :wink:

Ha, maybe :laughin: He might buy an "Eric Anderson" or "Ian & Sylvia" record, or come back with a "Three Dog Night" or "The Who" one.  You just never knew, but it got me introduced to a lot of good music.  I tend to stay on the folk side of things.  Say you couldn't recommend some strings could you?? :beer
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB

Quote from: old folky li nk=msg=482870 date=1699030137Ha, maybe :laughin: He might buy an "Eric Anderson" or "Ian & Sylvia" record, or come back with a "Three Dog Night" or "The Who" one.  You just never knew, but it got me introduced to a lot of good music.  I tend to stay on the folk side of things.  Say you couldn't recommend some strings could you?? :beer

I always say six new ones. Personally, I lean towards uncoated D'Addario for both quality and price. There's a lot to choose from. I've been using EJ15 3D phosphor bronze. Extra light gauge to take it easy on my arthritic thumbs and fingers. For coated strings, XS are nice but a lot pricier. I can get three sets of the former for the price of one set of XS. But I don't think any strings are truly bad so I generally say ... six new ones.  :beer   

6 new ones...as expected! :bgrin:
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB