Any Jerry Reed Fans? - Mp3 Inside.

Started by TaylorFishin', February 19, 2005, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This song was one of my New Years Resolutions for 2005. I've wanted to learn it for a long time. I decided this was the time to do it!  ;)

I'm still working on the timing, but I'm getting closer. At least I have the entire song in memory now.

http://webpages.charter.net/watts100/My%20...logy%20I%20.mp3

Edit: Sorry for the poor recording quality. I found and think I fixed my problem. Here is another take I recorded a few minutes ago. It should have much better sound quality.

http://webpages.charter.net/watts100/My%20...dology%20II.mp3

Scott

very underated guitarist.I'm a fan.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quotevery underated guitarist.I'm a fan.
Thank you so much for the very kind words Rob. Its nice to have a fan...... Oh wait, your talkin' about Jerry!  :D  :D  

Bud you can take the praise also. B)  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Hey that sounds great TF!  Thanks for posting.  What are you playing on it?
-josh
Larrivee P-03MT
Martin 00
Epiphone Bluesmaster

Fantastic playing Scott!!! Is that the Breedlove?

Very nice Scott! You make it sooo sound easy! ;)
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

Very cool!

John in Japan
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

Man I love Jerry Reed.  Nicley done, TF!

One of my all-time favorite albums is the Cd that combine two vinyl ablums that Jerry and Chet Atkins did together.  "Me and Chet" and "Me and Jerry"  - just jam packed with great fingerpickin'.  There's a Reedized version of "Tenessee Stud" that just kicks -CENSORED-.  

Keep 'em coming TF!  I've been working on The Claw, Blue Finger, and Stump Water, but none of them are worth recording yet.

David
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

Great TF!!!!
Nice chops
very very smooth and cool
Loved it
Thanks
Dave
Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus

Thanks much Guys!  :D  This one is now becoming very fun to play. Jerry is one of my favorites. His grooves are so infectious. Its hard not to tap your foot when you hear his songs.

Tom and Josh - I was actually playing my Taylor 514 on this one. The Taylor had not been out of its case for months. I got it out Saturday morning and realized again why I bought it 8 years ago.

David - I have those Two albums on CD also. They get lots of playing time.
"Blue Finger" was the first Jerry Reed tune I learned and still one of my favorite songs to play. I'm also working on "The Claw" but its going to take a long time to get it down. Are you learning from notation/tab or arranging yourself?

Scott

QuoteAre you learning from notation/tab or arranging yourself?
Scott, I've got a couple old  "The Guitar of Jerry Reed" insruction sets.  Ones is by Thom Bresh and the other I don't remember.  Check Stefan Grossman's site http://www.guitarvideos.com

David
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

QuoteAre you learning from notation/tab or arranging yourself?
Scott, I've got a couple old  "The Guitar of Jerry Reed" insruction sets.  Ones is by Thom Bresh and the other I don't remember.  Check Stefan Grossman's site http://www.guitarvideos.com

David
David,

I learned "Blue Finger" and "Jiffy Jam" from an out of print book by John Knowles. "La Madrugada"  and "The Claw" from tab by Marcel Dadi. "Reedology" from a DVD by Buster Jones called the "The Guitar Styles and Techniques of Jerry Reed".

The Buster B. Jones DVD is really good. It has Jerry's Breakdown, Lord Mr. Ford, Down Home, Reedology, The Claw, Jiffy Jam, and Papa's Knee.

Scott

QuoteThis song was one of my New Years Resolutions for 2005. I've wanted to learn it for a long time. I decided this was the time to do it!  ;)

Scott
I just had a chance to listen.

Excellent!  Bravo!
Great tune, great playing.

Working on my fingerstyle, sounds like I have a ways to go.  Thanks for the incentive.

Mike

Scott,

It sounds great - very nice recording.

John Standefer happens to be a Jerry Reed fan.  He covered at least 5 Jerry Reed songs in a 1.5 hour concert I saw him play.  John is a Larrivee featured artist.

If you folks like this song that Scott has recorded, I'm sure you would like John Standefer's 'Timeless Guitar' CD that you can pick up at www.praiseguitar.com

-Scott (Lake)
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud