Replace TUSQ saddle, pins, and nut on Parlor?

Started by Myopic Squirrel, April 27, 2024, 05:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got the Larrivee sale notice for the bone saddle, pins, & nut and wondered for those of you who may have changed their parlor guitar's TUSQ saddle & pins (and nuts) was there a significant tonal improvement?  Thank you advance!

Quote from: Myopic Squirrel on April 27, 2024, 05:24:23 PMGot the Larrivee sale notice for the bone saddle, pins, & nut and wondered for those of you who may have changed their parlor guitar's TUSQ saddle & pins (and nuts) was there a significant tonal improvement?  Thank you advance!

I like bone more for esthetics than any chance it'll make a difference my crappy ears could hear. The synthetic "tusq" type saddles and pins tend to discolor and darken over time which looks kinda sad to me.

On Graphtech's site they make a good case for their tusq material being similar enough in density to bone to conduct string energy to the top. But that isn't anything I can actually hear.

I'd go for it just for the esthetic upgrade
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist