Suggested case for P-03?

Started by Myopic Squirrel, April 08, 2024, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC included a new Gator case with my "new" P-03, and it requires a lot of pressure to close, plus it doesn't seem deep enough. Other than a Larrivee case, any recommendations for a better fitting parlor case? Thank you in advance.

Take it back to GC and tell them it's not acceptable.
Shouldn't have to force a case closed.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

FWIW, I've had a few cases that were very snug and hard to close when the case was new. But, they became ideal once the padding compressed and settled in. I'm glad I didn't replace the cases.

But, if you're not expecting that to happen, good luck with the search. I can't advise on a Larrivee P case. I can only recommend not going with measurements online. I've had that fail several times.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Bowie,

Leaning towards either the Larrivee OEM or possible a TKL - supposedly they make the Larrivee cases.

Herman,

The guitar was sold w/o a case. The guy I bought the P-03 through at GC threw in a new Gator case at n/c, explaining the tight fit. Planning on selling it on CL.

"Even a blind squirrel (or in this "case" a Myopic one) finds an acorn every now and then". Literally had just finished posting on AGF "looking for either a Larrivee or TKL parlor case" when received a PM a guy had both. Sent me pics of the L case - looked dusty but assured me everything in good condition. Agreed on price, he shipped, I opened the box & my jaw dropped!

https://imgur.com/a/f4ELfni

Nice find.

I have the same archtop case for my All Mahogany LV03 12 string and my walnut LSV03 6 string. I also have a flat Larrivee hardshell case for my parlor but yours looks nicer.

Oh, well done!! That must be the high end 9 series arch top case! That is a VERY nice home for your parlor to live in. Very happy for you and your larrivee!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R