Larrivee short scale 24 series

Started by mike in lytle, February 10, 2024, 09:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pretty sure some know about this already.... Larrivee now has a short scale 24 series.
Guitar Tex had a couple guys go to NAMM.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=684114807219844&set=a.487912150173445
I have seen an ad for this series... it looks very cool.
https://www.daveswoodstockmusic.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/larrivee-000-24
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Yeah, I knew about this and was intrigued by the Adi top. I finally decided on a long scale dreadnought with a moon spruce top. And also, I have no idea when they will be available and when they will build a lefty model if I put an order in.

There's a lot to like here.
New 24 Series short scale Larrivee model.

COMING SOON!

• Adirondack Top
  • Mahogany B&S
  • 24.75 Scale
  • Ebony board with Diamond Inlays
  • Rosewood Body and FB Binding
  • New Radial Rosette and Radial Purfling
  • Modified Scalloped Parabolic Hybrid Moon Spruce bracing
  • Pyramid Bridge
  • Tulip Tuners
  • Vine Headstock

Exciting!!!!!   :thumb
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Sooooo, is this a *short scale* L body?

I'm not familiar with *24* series.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

Brand new concept I guess? Straight from the NAMM show where all the manufacturer show off next year's big models.
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

That's a really nice looking guitar and the specs look pretty impressive too.

Sounds like a winner. Nice to see them adopting red spruce into the Larrivee lineup. Smart move.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

I have 2 short scale gits (Gibson & Rainsong) - both 12-frets. Can y'all explain the appeal of a short scale 14-fret guitar? Thanks!

Chas

Quote from: Chasjax on February 10, 2024, 08:01:11 PMI have 2 short scale gits (Gibson & Rainsong) - both 12-frets. Can y'all explain the appeal of a short scale 14-fret guitar? Thanks!

Chas
Less tension makes it easier to play and gives a more midrange forward tone. Think Gibson. I'm not a big fan but it's popular for sure.

Kudos to them for the 24.75" scale and trying adi. Certainly adi helps Martin guitars sound better to my ear , more colourful. But at the same time they explode to a light touch which is not always preferred, and I find adi is more trebly than Sitka. Saying this, I look forward to hearing how a Larrivee sounds with an adi top. I won't be getting one though as I see they're based off the 40 series and I prefer the traditional design with dot markers, less sharp heel and crucially, the normal Larrivee bracing which I vastly prefer, tonally. Also tulip tuners aren't for me. But if they offer the adi top as an option on standard models and it sounds good then an OO-05 with that top or moon spruce and 24.75" scale would be a better fit, personally speaking.
Larrivee OM-02
Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-03BH
Larrivee OM-05
Larrivee L-05

Tulip tuners are boring and unattractive (in my opinion),and I love the larrivee traditional bracing. 
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Just looked at the pics. Wow, including that inlay at that price is pretty wild. While I'm normally not into the tulips, they look great next to that gorgeous inlay. And, diamond fret markers are what everyone should be doing. I've always hated dots.
From a marketing standpoint, I think this should be a big winner for them. I hope it can overcome the somewhat sour market we're dealing with right now.

I just got off the phone with John Jr.  Looks like I'll be getting the first ever 00-24.  The one in the picture is a prototype.  They're starting production next week.  I'll take pictures and make videos when it arrives...in like 4 months.  Ugh!  Tom Petty was right, the waiting is the hardest part!

Congratulations Denis on being number 1 out of the gate with this new model. Looking forward to hearing your assessment and videos. This sounds like a well designed guitar and I have two short scale guitars, a Larrivee parlor and a Martin 000.

FWIW, I waited 8 months for my Forum VI and the time flew by. Now if I could only play like you.

Congrats!! Can't wait for the pics!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Cool! If it had a cutaway I might have been next in line behind you. Is gloss top available? Please keep us updated!

Am confused with description, the short scale ???-24 is a new model offering mahogany and rosewood in various bodies?
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Quote from: jpmist on February 15, 2024, 09:40:54 AMCool! If it had a cutaway I might have been next in line behind you. Is gloss top available? Please keep us updated!

Am confused with description, the short scale ???-24 is a new model offering mahogany and rosewood in various bodies?
Guessing here, since Larrivee hasn't put anything on their website yet.
The facebook pic could be an OM, the advert says OOO, Denis is getting the OO (but didn't say what wood), so I would guess the short scale will be available in various bodies, and I would also suppose it could be customized with cutaway and gloss top. It is a new model, looks like based on the 40 series, so I think the numbering convention will be similar (-24 or -24R) I really like the rosette.

Quote from: mike in lytle on February 15, 2024, 10:59:13 AMGuessing here, since Larrivee hasn't put anything on their website yet.
The facebook pic could be an OM, the advert says OOO, Denis is getting the OO (but didn't say what wood), so I would guess the short scale will be available in various bodies, and I would also suppose it could be customized with cutaway and gloss top. It is a new model, looks like based on the 40 series, so I think the numbering convention will be similar (-24 or -24R) I really like the rosette.

Hey guys,

I am getting my 00 with mahogany back and sides.  I assume I could've gotten it in rosewood but I'm not a big fan of rosewood.  I had a couple Larrivee 00's in the past, a 00-50 and a Forum IV which was a 00-03 with a mahogany top.  I miss that 00-03 more than the 00-50 but they were both nice 12 fret guitars.  These new 24 series guitars, based on the Facebook photo in your original post, are 14 fret guitars.  As far as I know, they're making 00 and 000 variants.  I assume the 14 fret 000 will be close to an OM in size, maybe?  But in a short scale.  I've already got a custom OM-03R (think it was a run they did for Wildwood back in the day) and my custom 12 fret LV-03 that is still my main guitar.  I'm just looking forward to a short scale.  The older I get, the harder it is to play those 25.5" scale guitars. Just looking at the picture from Facebook reminds me that I have to contact John Jr again and tell him to make sure they don't put a pickguard on mine.  I haven't used a pick in forever!

Quote from: Denis on February 15, 2024, 01:01:00 PMThese new 24 series guitars, based on the Facebook photo in your original post, are 14 fret guitars.
I have not seen a Larrivee OOO 14 fret, though I am not an expert. I will say the idea of a short scale 12 fret OOO-24 interests me. Perhaps as a modified version, like a slot head.
Mike