Peavey Active Direct interface

Started by webberink, October 10, 2009, 01:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I just added a Peavey Active Direct Interface to my Peavey portable PA system.  I have been running all my acoustic guitars through a Fishman Model G Preamp and have been pretty happy with it and the acoustic sound it facilitates.  I needed another DI box so I picked up the Peavey ADI-C on the recommendation of a friend and my gosh what a difference.  It has a built in compressor threshold control and noise gate threshold control and is powered by 48V phantom power from the Amp/Soundboard.  With just a little compression and noise gate dialed in, my gosh I have never had such tremendous acoustic reproduction with both my Fishman and LR Baggs equipped guitars.  It is the best 60 bucks I have spent outside of a guitar body.  Anyone else have similar experience?  I guess you are never to old to learn!
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!

And everyone say's Peavey only makes junk............ :welcome:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

When it comes to electronics, junk can be found with anyone's name on it.  IMHO though, this little Peavey ADI is amazing.  I used it on a Coffeehouse stage set up last Friday night, one that I both play on and manage.  We ran a whole variety of guitars through it, from passive electrics through to a whole bunch of acoustics and it was great.  The acoustics really responded to the compression and noise gate modulation.  It's worth a try.
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!