20 years of Larrivee

Started by teh, March 26, 2024, 02:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I bought my first Larrivee, a special edition parlor, in May 2004 and my second, a custom 12 string LVO3, in February 2006. I also removed the clear plastic pickguard on the parlor and upgraded to a hardshell case for $70 as soon as I bought it.

In all of that time, the only other expense I have incurred was to purchase a set of replacement tuners from Larrivee for the parlor because one of the tuners (6th string) was bent. Other than tweaking the truss rod on both of these Canadian built guitars, they have been great.

The quality of workmanship, wood selection, playability and tone from both of these guitars has been impeccable. My thir Larrivee, a Forum VI LSV03, is now in its third year and arrived with a perfect set up right out of the box. My FVI guitar took a little longer because John Jr. was not happy with the fit of the original neck so they made a new neck before shipping.

The point of this post is to recap the excellent quality of my three Larrivee guitars over the past 20 years. I will be driving down the west coast in July from Seattle to Southern California this summer and plan to visit the factory in Oxnard.

Quote from: teh on March 26, 2024, 02:45:29 PMI will be driving down the west coast in July from Seattle to Southern California this summer and plan to visit the factory in Oxnard.
And I am already looking forward to your report, with pics, hopefully.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

22 years for me,having owned a bunch over the years my kids are a 98 L10 koa[was a lefty but I made it a righty} and my OM03PA from 2002 or maybe 2004. Happy Me :guitar

keep smilin and keep dancin    :nanadance
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

And while I'm new to Larrivee, the OM-05 is about to celebrate its 20th birthday in a couple of weeks. I am indebted to the previous owners for opening it up so beautifully. :bowdown:

Everytime I look at my 2003 LV-05 on the stand, I smile.  And when I pick it up and play it, my ears are happy. I purchased it new from Dave at Guitar Adoptions; his advice gave me confidence to buy it sight unseen, and he was spot on. So, another 20 year old is doing Jean proud.

I'm in my 21st year with my Larrivee and love it more all the time.