Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: BluesMan1 on January 14, 2009, 04:17:27 PM
Is it me, or does the pic of the forum gits look like the first one has an abolone rosette ?

Yeah, my OM-03MT has abalone rosette and MOP headstock inlay. Not sure why they said they were unable to do it in Vancouver.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I shudder to think what it's gonna be like in another couple of months.   :tongue:   it may just be too much for some of the weak-hearted.

Excuse me whiile I go "strum" awhile. 

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 14, 2009, 05:27:10 PM
Yeah, my OM-03MT has abalone rosette and MOP headstock inlay. Not sure why they said they were unable to do it in Vancouver.
I was told that if they make a product using shells (abalone or MOP), there would be an additional $150 export fee on top of the additional cost of using the shell.

Tim
2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

Everyone- Sorry ! I took a glance @ the post & thought they were our III gits. Should have recognized the OM body. I know they threw the abalone as a bonus for I & II. Couldn't figure out how they had come so far so fast. My mistake. :rolleye:
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 14, 2009, 05:27:10 PM

They can't do it because Holly doesn't like it, everyone knows that. Geesh.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on January 14, 2009, 05:52:03 PM
They can't do it because Holly doesn't like it, everyone knows that. Geesh.

holly

Oh, I'm sorry I just forgot. I do remember you saying something about that before.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: strawintogold on January 14, 2009, 10:20:12 AM
Oh, dear. You are realy close to setting a song about football to a bluegrass tune, aren't you? Run away....run away....

holly

You're amazingly adept at interpreting "dah, dah, dat, dah, dah, dat, dom, dom"...

P

PS:  No, I won't run away.
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: Dotneck on January 14, 2009, 10:55:25 AM
I went to college with Lambert...we were in the same dorm for a while....I lost all respect for him when he went to play for Pittsburgh...(BYW....I'm from Cleveland...)

Dear Mr. Dawg Pound-

Please don't burst my childhood bubble and tell me that he was a jerk. 

I had some run-ins with players from Michigan that were very unpleasant to say the least...especially one with a 6-9" 300 lb lineman and a woman that we mutually adored....YIKES!

Man of Steel (in my dreams)

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Are you guys still here??? The bar's closed! The guitar is on it's way. Time to go home. Last Call!

I think it's sure sign that the thread needs to be locked when we've regressed to discussing our "woody".  :roll

Everyone take a deep breath and repeat after me: "If they build it, it will come"

- Adam
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Okay...since it is now perfectly clear that we've gone off the deep end and are now stretching this post toward 200 posts...

I offer the following Pittsburgh Steeler number equivalents (past and present):

7 Cybercanyon, Mike Bergner LSV03RHB  (Ben Rothlesberger)

12 TrinityGuitars, Jim Holler LS03HB (Terry Bradshaw)

20 satch, LS03RHB (Rocky Blier)

32 3RDDEGM, LS03R (Franco Harris...Not Frank O'Harris)

43 WallHalen, Eric Wall LS03MT (Troy Polamalu)

47 BluesMan1, Jeff P  LS03HB (Mel Blount)

50 iDavid, David Crawford LS03MTHB (Larry Foote)

58 Pennerblue, Mike Penn LS03MTHB  (Jack Lambert)
     59 prof_stack, Norm Hardy LS03R  (Jack Ham, the second best linebacker ever!)

68 johnny37, John Mcinnon LS03RHBLH (LC Greenwood, Mr. Yellow Shoes even though he was fined every game by the NFL for violating dress code)

75 es-335, Jeff Lee LS03MT (Mean Joe Greene...remember the Coke ad..."Hey Mister!...)

Not enough orders for the high numbered recievers....Lynn Swan, John Stallworth, Hines Ward.

And yes these were from memory...and yes...I am killing time (waiting for my one-year old to wind down and go to bed...)

Penner

Feel free to find your own sporting hero equivalent to your FIII git number and share!

Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: dependan on January 14, 2009, 04:51:35 AM

It'll be the best sounding Larrivee ever made.

But us all-hoggers will just have to wait several years and strum the heck out of em to get that beautiful aged hog tone...right?

Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Oh this is just too easy...ready?

"I'm eighteen and I like it..."

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

OK I can't help it.                  One is the loneliest number you'll ever do.

Quote from: limnephilidae on January 14, 2009, 06:59:07 PM
Are you guys still here??? The bar's closed! The guitar is on it's way. Time to go home. Last Call!

I think it's sure sign that the thread needs to be locked when we've regressed to discussing our "woody".  :roll

Everyone take a deep breath and repeat after me: "If they build it, it will come"

- Adam

Adam, that was perfect!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: pennerblue on January 14, 2009, 07:15:49 PM
But us all-hoggers will just have to wait several years and strum the heck out of em to get that beautiful aged hog tone...right?
On the contrary, hog changes the least and should sound the best from the start.
(And yea I know all wood does change eventually.)

Quote from: pennerblue on January 14, 2009, 07:13:39 PM
Okay...since it is now perfectly clear that we've gone off the deep end and are now stretching this post toward 200 posts...

I offer the following Pittsburgh Steeler number equivalents (past and present):

7 Cybercanyon, Mike Bergner LSV03RHB  (Ben Rothlesberger)

12 TrinityGuitars, Jim Holler LS03HB (Terry Bradshaw)

20 satch, LS03RHB (Rocky Blier)

32 3RDDEGM, LS03R (Franco Harris...Not Frank O'Harris)

43 WallHalen, Eric Wall LS03MT (Troy Polamalu)

47 BluesMan1, Jeff P  LS03HB (Mel Blount)

50 iDavid, David Crawford LS03MTHB (Larry Foote)

58 Pennerblue, Mike Penn LS03MTHB  (Jack Lambert)
     59 prof_stack, Norm Hardy LS03R  (Jack Ham, the second best linebacker ever!)

68 johnny37, John Mcinnon LS03RHBLH (LC Greenwood, Mr. Yellow Shoes even though he was fined every game by the NFL for violating dress code)

75 es-335, Jeff Lee LS03MT (Mean Joe Greene...remember the Coke ad..."Hey Mister!...)

Not enough orders for the high numbered recievers....Lynn Swan, John Stallworth, Hines Ward.

And yes these were from memory...and yes...I am killing time (waiting for my one-year old to wind down and go to bed...)

Penner

Feel free to find your own sporting hero equivalent to your FIII git number and share!

Thanks man.  Now how about doing the number thing for a REAL team like THE PATRIOTS!!  :+1:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

BREAKING NEWS
This, just released, by the AP.

The slumping Canadian economy has suddenly received a much needed jump start by a surprisingly large order of Larrivee Forum Guitars.  President Bush, at his closing press conference said "It's a shame these guitars weren't made at their California facility...in fact it would be even better if we could re-tool the Rouge River Ford facility in Detroit to make these beauties.  It seems that we have indeed misunderestimated the economic impact of guitars".  Presiden-Elect Obama commented "I have now added to my economic stimulus package a music infrastructure redevelopment initiative".

More at 11...

Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Hilarious. Could have been real quotes from both presidents!

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: TimButterfield on January 14, 2009, 05:49:12 PM
I was told that if they make a product using shells (abalone or MOP), there would be an additional $150 export fee on top of the additional cost of using the shell.

Tim

Really? Does that make any sense? Export Fee? Is that a Canadian tax?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on January 14, 2009, 09:27:07 AM
Here is a photo from the build of the first forum guitars...the spruce tops are mixed in with the 'hog tops...so I don't know if the batches are segregated by woods. I'm actually surprised that the guitar number is assigned at this point...I would think it would be much easier to add the numbers after the guitar is built.

If those are in numerical order, my Forum I is the third one back based on serial number.  77281...       :thumbsup
thanks for the pic, I'd never seen that one...

ds :beer
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person