2007 D-03 SP - Opinions

Started by dylanc, April 26, 2024, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Hey.

Going to see a 2007 D-03 tomorrow. #93916 - Sapele Mahogany. Seems like prices on these guys can vary. Looks in good shape, 1100. Thoughts?

I'm not playing out against unmic'd banjo and uke, not terribly concerned about projection but do a good amount of flat picking. Done research of course but just wants yalls 2 cents.

New here but not new to Larrivee. I recently had a beautiful Bourgeois taken from me in a divorce and still recovering, maybe this one will help hah.

Seems a fair price. They didn't make many in sapele. 03 dreads are good for articulation and balance. For a more boomy, projecting sound, there's the 40 series. If you like clarity the 03 is a nice one.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

I am the resident apologist for the D03 and consider it the overall best guitar in the world, not just for value but also for what it is and what it does. 
 :wave

$1100 is a pretty good price, but I think $1000 would be a better deal.  I'm sure if you showed up with $1000 in your hand you could easily be leaving with the guitar.  In the long run $100 wouldn't stop me from a potentially lifelong guitar that I'd be enjoying daily, but my parsimony does get mingled up with my rational thinking at times. 

On my local CL, and even on GC's used section on the site, I often see the D03 in its various forms and phases going for $800-900.  I had the chance to get one somewhat recently on my local CL for $700, but I don't need another guitar. 

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's mine now. After the proverbial back/forth, 900. It was perfect, action was good, hardly any fret wear and basically a case queen. I'll get some pictures up but curious about the LR Braggs in this thing.

Quote from: dylanc on April 27, 2024, 05:26:02 PMThanks for the feedback guys! It's mine now. After the proverbial back/forth, 900. It was perfect, action was good, hardly any fret wear and basically a case queen. I'll get some pictures up but curious about the LR Braggs in this thing.
:donut  :donut2  :coffee  :coffee
You got a very good deal on a great guitar, as Silence said. Let us know how you get along with it. We want to know.
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

:donut  :donut  :donut  :donut2  :donut2  :donut2

Congrats,  :nice guitar: .

What's your next Larrivée going to be?  :humour:
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

We're getting along famously. I love the balanced tone, especially over chords.If you can pick, you can compensate with attack for what other nerds might say you lack on individual notes. Honestly, the neck feels and plays better than my 7k+ Bourgeois that is collecting dust somewhere. I like the Tony Rice lookin pick guard too, and the case is beautiful haha.

2nd Larrivee. The little concert body I've had and played regularly for 20 + years. Build quality and everything is just top notch and knew it would be with this one.