Who else plays a Morgan guitar built by David Iannone

Started by webberink, January 20, 2014, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering who else plays a Morgan guitar built by David Iannone, a Larrivee trained luthier out of North Vancouver.  besides my three Larrivees I have a custom Morgan OM in sitka over flamed/curly mahogany.  It is exquiste in all respects.  It has become my main practice guitar.  And if you have one, how do you find them different from the equivalent Larrivee.
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!

I do not own one, but I have recently been looking into these guitars, particularly the OO model. I'll be interested in hearing everyones opinion. I really dig the turquoise around the purfling and rosette.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Quote from: webberink on January 20, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
And if you have one, how do you find them different from the equivalent Larrivee.
Dave
Do not own one but have played quite a few. I find they are more similar to Larrivee than any other maker that I have come across.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Played a rosewood dreadnaught about three years ago at a store in Orangeville, Ontario (not a very big town for those not familiar). I was amazed to find it there.  I loved it. One of those guitars you just know you should have bought.
Peter
Larrivee L-09
Larrivee RS-2 2010
Larrivee RS-4 1983 "Explorer"

Quote from: brandon on January 20, 2014, 08:25:32 PM
I do not own one, but I have recently been looking into these guitars, particularly the OO model. I'll be interested in hearing everyones opinion. I really dig the turquoise around the purfling and rosette.

My next purchase will be a Morgan 00.  Those I have played have been very great sounding and playing guitars.  My OM Morgan is the most voluminous and rich sounding OM guitar I have yet to play in any make.  An 00 Morgan in Koa or French Walnut is what I fancy next I think, although there are some around in Madagascar rosewood I would like to try.
I just had a look at Morgan Guitars on facebook, well worth the look if you are interested.
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!