Larrivee 50th Anniversary

Started by Bronzestar, December 13, 2016, 02:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark I love your passion for your guitars.  Great photos!

postimage.cc seems to be suffering some performance problems.

Trying imgur.

The cabinet is finished and I just finished hanging it.

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Congrats very nice work, now she can shine like a star
Fender Artisan customshop Tamo ash Stratocaster
Fender Artisan customshop Rosewood Telecaster
Olav Loef 00 'Dav L'. 2018
Olav Loef slopeshoulder 'Charlien' 2019
Olav Loef OM/D 8 string 'Otto' 2018
B&G Little Sister lemonburst P90 2015

Very nice.  Looks like a piece of art.

That looks fantastic. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing photos of the work in process.

How much did the whole thing weigh?  I bet you had some heavy duty hardware issues securing it to the wall?
George

I haven't weighed it yet.

There is a nicely designed bracket system all made from cherry. I bolted the bracket to the wall, using a countersunk, 3" wood screw, in the center of the bracket, directly into the stud. Two 9/16" hole Toggle bolts to each side of the center stud bolt. All 5 bolts as tight as they can be. I added an additional piece if 3/4" cedar, under the bracket for additional support. It is also bolted to the stud using s 3" wood screw and one expanding anchor bolt to each side offset from the end bolts of the top bracket.

This house was built in 1950. It has real dimensional lumber, and some seriously thick plaster and metal lath walls.  I don't think it will be coming off the wall unexpectedly, anytime soon. The genius of the bracket system is that I can simply lift the cabinet up about an 1.5 inches, and pull it away from the wall, to remove it. I will do that tomorrow, and weigh it. I am curious about the weight.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

Here is a photo of the bracket and lower support. It looks just liek two pieces of flat wood, but the top "bracket" has an angle cut in it that accepts the mating part on the back of the cabinet.

The two center bolts are slightly offset, but they are both firmly in and near center of the stud.

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI