OO models

Started by johnr, April 16, 2024, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am curious,why aren't there many OO threads here ;or players. They seem like the perfect size to play ,rather than big body guitars.

Oh, I believe there's a lot of love for 00s here.
Yessiree Bob.
(er... John)

Waiting on mine!
Taylor 214ce Plus
Eastman MD315 Mandolin

I feel like I've seen a lot of them recently. I just got my first 00 variation. They sound smaller, no getting around that. It's not like like a 000, OM, or L where it still sounds big. But, that's kinda the point.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

While I love my parlor, sometimes I wish it was a little bigger, like an 00 size. 
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

I am having a OO built ,probably getting close. It is a 14 fret cut away .Hope I love it! Any pics of any of yours?

I play a dread but have always liked smaller-bodied guitars for their "snap" and focused sound.  One thing that I can't do, though, is a 12-fret neck joint.  I often play well beyond the 12th fret and, though 12-fretters sound great, they aren't functional for me. 

Quote from: Silence Dogood on April 18, 2024, 08:46:45 AMI play a dread but have always liked smaller-bodied guitars for their "snap" and focused sound.  One thing that I can't do, though, is a 12-fret neck joint.  I often play well beyond the 12th fret and, though 12-fretters sound great, they aren't functional for me. 
Dreadnaughts sound great but they don't suit me as a player.
I prefer smaller guitars, and I agree about the 14 fret.
Although I think a 12-fret with a cut would work alright for me.

Quote from: StringPicker6 on April 17, 2024, 04:38:20 AMWhile I love my parlor, sometimes I wish it was a little bigger, like an 00 size. 

I have similar feelings.
OO and also 24.75" I would love to try.

Saying that... I would never get rid of my fantastic little parlour. It is just so more-ish... I never want to put it down. It's the one that tends to stay in my hands the longest.
Larrivee OM-02
Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-03BH
Larrivee OM-05
Larrivee L-05