T40

Started by Craggy45, March 11, 2024, 05:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,I,m new here from Croydon,south London.i just bought a new Larrivee T40 guitar and love it.The nut width although stated as 1 3/4" seems slightly smaller than my other Larrivee 0.01 from 2001,has anyone else noticed this?

Croydon, home of my folk hero Wizz Jones! Welcome!

I've always found larrivee nut widths fairly consistent. The website states 1 3/4". Have you tried measuring it?
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

Quote from: StringPicker6 on March 11, 2024, 06:25:40 PMCroydon, home of my folk hero Wizz Jones! Welcome!

I've always found larrivee nut widths fairly consistent. The website states 1 3/4". Have you tried measuring it?
I now think my issue is the string spacing on this a narrow neck.

The thing I've seen vary most is body depth (4.25-4.3" being a personal sweet spot for me). Nut width has been spot on for all mine.
Larrivee OM-02
Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-03BH
Larrivee OM-05
Larrivee L-05

Wiz Jones was a local guitarist to me when I lived in Putney,a friend of Bert Jansch and Ralph mctell,all three used to drink in the Half Moon pub back in the Seventies.

Ah, to be a fly on the wall in that pub back in the 70's. 

Regarding the string spacing on your neck, it could be possible to get a new blank nut and have a luthier file in new string slots.  However, it may not resolve your issues.  Maybe another Larrivee one size up, like the 0-40 or 00-40?
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R