I USE PEDALS!

Started by ducktrapper, June 18, 2015, 07:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Show us your pedal board etc.

I like quiet pedals, like the ones along the back?

I also love my MACK Gem amp & cab.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

We agree on the GEM, anyway. You should try their bigger amps, as well. The thing about effects or sound or pretty much anything is that one person says, "Less cowbell", and another says, "More!"  :cheers 

I always wanted my amps to take the input signal and make it bigger.  Peavey Studio Pro 40 has been my amp of choice since around 1985.  My old one had dirty and pitted pots.  It was fine once set, but it put out some gosh awful noise while adjusting.  About a month or so ago I found one in great shape.  It was cheaper than getting the old one serviced (or doing the job myself)!

Ed

I am basically a music purist, but I cannot resist the allure of EFX equipment, so I own pedals and rack mounted EFX units.  I am addicted to a small amount of rich chorus, delay and plate reverb.  Just enough to expand the dynamic range of the guitar and sweeten it a bit.  As for vocals, my voice is not adequate without a little bit of harmony and a whole lot of vocal plate reverb...  I am not that great of a musician, my forte is electronics and precision measurement, so I spend more time on setups and upgrades than playing...  It is all fun though!
George

I like to think if myself not as a guitarist but as an aural technician:winkin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 18, 2015, 01:02:02 PM
We agree on the GEM, anyway. You should try their bigger amps, as well. The thing about effects or sound or pretty much anything is that one person says, "Less cowbell", and another says, "More!"  :cheers 

My absolute maximum power needs have been met by mt 15 watt full tube amp with one tone, and one volume.
So I sold the custom deluxe amp i had, it's really about need, and i rarely have the 15 watt amp cranked.
I am a believer in "less is more" and that goes for effects as well....
Like over 50?

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 18, 2015, 04:21:21 PM
I like to think if myself not as a guitarist but as an aural technician:winkin:

as a vocalist- does that make some "oral technician"?
Like over 50?

Quote from: headsup on June 18, 2015, 04:26:14 PM

as a vocalist- does that make some "oral technician"?

And I was hoping "aural" wouldn't get me into hot water.   :roll

Quote from: headsup on June 18, 2015, 04:25:11 PM

My absolute maximum power needs have been met by mt 15 watt full tube amp with one tone, and one volume.
So I sold the custom deluxe amp i had, it's really about need, and i rarely have the 15 watt amp cranked.
I am a believer in "less is more" and that goes for effects as well....

Well, I certainly hear you and, where applicable, I feel the same way. My musical approach runs the gamut from Hank to Hendrix and there are times when more is more.

"You are right from your side and I am right from mine, we're both just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind."    :cheers

I told my wife as a singer that in fact SHE was the Oral Technician... :beer

Speaking of "hank to hendrix", we have some interesting segues in the duo show, Drop D tuning for Cinnamon girl (my vocal) runs right into "harvest Moon" (her vocal...
Similaily, she sings Hank's "Cold Cold heart, and I follow it with "Wind cries mary",
so we sorta pay neil the tribute for the "hank to Hendrix" phase, then we actually d\go from Hank to Hendrix...

Oh, and of course, these tunes are all on one of several Larrivee acoustics, so, sorry about the thread hijack...

:humour:
Like over 50?

Quote from: headsup on June 18, 2015, 08:34:13 PM
I told my wife as a singer that in fact SHE was the Oral Technician... :beer

Speaking of "hank to hendrix", we have some interesting segues in the duo show, Drop D tuning for Cinnamon girl (my vocal) runs right into "harvest Moon" (her vocal...
Similaily, she sings Hank's "Cold Cold heart, and I follow it with "Wind cries mary",
so we sorta pay neil the tribute for the "hank to Hendrix" phase, then we actually d\go from Hank to Hendrix...

Oh, and of course, these tunes are all on one of several Larrivee acoustics, so, sorry about the thread hijack...

:humour:

Sounds like a good show. I'm obviously a bit of a metal head hanging out with acoustic purists.   :wacko:

in that case, run the BZ L through the pedal board......
Like over 50?

Quote from: headsup on June 19, 2015, 07:16:41 AM
in that case, run the BZ L through the pedal board......

Don't think I've never done it.  :roll

What nobody around this place has pedals?
or pedal envy?
weird...
Like over 50?

Mostly acoustic forum, looks like.   

Ok, I'm a little slow to respond here.  I play acoustic and rhythm electric guitar at church.  I've got a G&L ASAT Classic (Tele) that I custom ordered in natural finish back in 2000.  I used to use a Korg multi-effects processor but wanted to upgrade.  This winter I built this pedal board and added some new pedals.  I also cut and soldered all the patch cables.  

The case a tool or camera case from Harbor Freight.  I built a pedal board to fit.  It's about 12" x 18".  I've got this board set up so I can use Electric or Acoustic, depending on what I'm playing that weekend.  I can fit some cables beneath the board in the case, along with my in-ears etc.  

For Electric the signal chain is Korg Pitchblack tuner, Boss Super OD, Boss Blues Driver, TC Electronics T2 Reverb, TC electronics Flashback delay.

For Acoustic I can just rearrange 2 cables on the board leaving everything velcroed down.  I run the Korg Pitchblack, K&K Pure XLR preamp, then I may run to the board, or may run to the reverb and delay and out to the board.  I haven't used the delay yet with the acoustic with the full band, but I've played songs where it was only 1 acoustic guitar with drums and a limited keyboard player where I thought it might have been useful.  This works pretty well.  I like the foot tuner as a mute switch because of the passive K&K pickup.  But with stage volume sometimes the tuner doesn't register well.  I wondered about moving it behind the preamp to give it more signal, or if that would just give it more of the signal with the stage noise picked up.  

Other pedals I'm not using.  Boss Fuzz, Crybaby wah, Morley ABY switch (I may use this if I needed to play acoustic and electric in the same set?)  

And a quick pic of the G&L

L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers

Of course, we need pictures.   :thumb

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 04, 2015, 08:32:08 AM
Of course, we need pictures.   :thumb

I was having a hard time getting them to show up,  I think I've got it now. 
L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers

Quote from: Scrambler17 on July 04, 2015, 08:33:19 AM
I was having a hard time getting them to show up,  I think I've got it now.  

Well done. Nice rig. Nice to see another vinyl guy too. Or am I mistaken? It looks like Traffic's "John Barleycorn"?  :cheers