Gibson Custom Shop Advance Jumbo Gold
Gibson SG Classic
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull S6+GT
Art&Lutherie 12 String
Epiphone M-20 Mandolin
1960/61 Supro Lap Steel
Squier P-Bass

For what it's worth, IMHO a double ought (00) is not really a strummer.
Just not enough headroom on that soundboard.

Any thoughts on a L-sized 12-fret forum w/ slot-head option?? I would think a 12-fret L would be an ultimate combo, the picking advantages of the L plus more volume with the 12-fret...an L on steriods and more of a strummer than possibly the LS?
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: Queequeg on December 02, 2008, 10:47:11 AM
I agree that my 00 is not a strummer, but for light strumming it is nice. I just cant attack it much it just vibrates out of your hands.
                    I guess we are drifting into all the "what ifs" now. I hope this stays on course at least for a few more days until we have some feedback from Larrivee and the dealer.
                    But a L in a 16'' lower bout wouldn't fly for me sadly. I have to stick with the small bodies. LS or 00 is the only size I can play for any length of time. If not for that a 000-50 or 60 meets the specs of a lot of things mentioned.
My LSV-11 was fine for me, but....nuff said. 
                                    Small body, low bling, 12 fret, short or regular scale,peghead option would be nice and a few tonewood options plus Italian top (and hog as option) It's a wait and see time.
                                                                               Danny

I'd like mine stuffed full of cash.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on December 02, 2008, 11:09:36 AM

holly
Nice option,  I actually look inside the body of all these old gits I buy and expect to find something stashed in there. All I have found so far is a STICK, fuzz balls, and an occasional match book cover folded to stop a buzz or under a nut.

Quote from: strawintogold on December 02, 2008, 11:09:36 AM

holly
:roll
Put me down for 2!  What the hell, a righty and a lefty!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: bluesman67 on December 02, 2008, 11:26:31 AM
:roll
Put me down for 2!  What the hell, a righty and a lefty!

Now what would you do with a Righty Guitar that's stuffed full of cash. Might as well make it two lefties.
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Quote from: Queequeg on December 02, 2008, 10:47:11 AM

I do agree that OO wouldn't be a strummer...

Quote from: bluesman67 on December 02, 2008, 10:53:48 AM
Any thoughts on a L-sized 12-fret forum w/ slot-head option?? I would think a 12-fret L would be an ultimate combo, the picking advantages of the L plus more volume with the 12-fret...an L on steriods and more of a strummer than possibly the LS?

L / 12fret sounds nice as well..

But as Danny said, L wouldn't do it for me... small body all the way!! :thumb
Jeffrey

Quote from: bluesman67 on December 02, 2008, 10:53:48 AM

I like that line up of features too. I'd rather have an 00 but that would be cool.

BTW....Bluesman....I'm going to a jam in Raleigh tonight. Its at the Big Boss Brewing Co at 7:30. Never been there before so I don't know what to expect...but it should be fun. Guitars and beer. What could be bad?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

BREAKING NEWS...

Many of you have been wondering who the Dealer is... I thought it would only be fair to announce this publicly... so this is the email I got from him
this morning... around 8am Mountain Time.

Note that the other Ricky is from Larrivee.  If this becomes confusing... his R is Upper Case, my r is lower case... or refer to me as "rpm".

Ricky,  I spoke with Ricky from Larrivee and he is going to be meeting with Jean Larrivee later this week. Ricky was not sure that Jean would do it for 10 guitars. He was looking for 16 for a custom order on 03's.  I think that I can work with him on the number. I just placed a big order yesterday so the timing is good!
I need to give Ricky a set of preliminary specifications to show Jean Larrivee. Can you summarize this for me? There will be the chance to tweak them down the road.
  As for communication to the forum  I will leave that up to you. You can tell them that we have started the process with Larrivee to get the price quotation and that Jean will be looking at it this week.
You can count me in for one of the guitars! I am excited about this and really like the idea of an LS 12 fret. I will do my normal custom set up on each guitar and include a custom bone saddle on them all as well.

Thank you
Jim Holler

I hope this has been informative.

Warmly,

ricky

To those suggesting different body types:

The discussion is fruitful, but if we change the body size now I think a few of us might pull out. If this one fails then it may be worthwhile to start another forum guitar thread if you think you have critical mass. As it is, it looks like it's an LS. Let's try to focus to make this reality for all of us and at least get something on the table that you folks can say "Yes" or "No" to.

Thanks!
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: dependan on December 02, 2008, 08:53:33 AM
     Ricky your 00-09 is suppose to arrive today isn't it? That's a 12 fret long scale, you will have something to compare to very soon.

Danny, it's in Canada.  It left Winnipeg, Manitoba (16 hours drive East of Edmonton)... so maybe tomorrow.

Thanks! I'll compare.

Tried my friends L-03R - compared it to my GS-Koa and what used to be my 410-E LTD Walnut...
With my eyes closed... Koa sounded brightest, Walnut okay,
BUT the L held up and outroared the Taylors in the Volume and Bass department !!!

Seriously thinking that my GS-Koa should now belong to another person... maybe a Collector;
I'm afraid I'm going to do the unthinkable... sell my last Taylor. Let's see :wacko:

ricky

Thanks for the good news Ricky,

So, LS/12fret it is!! then!! YAY!!

Jeffrey

An LS 12-fret would be a special guitar.  Looks like this will be the baseline?  How much more specific do we need to get?  Woods?  I bet we could all agree that we would want upgraded tuners.  I sure hope I can get my finances aligned with this in January.
Scott

RS-2

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Awesome glad to hear that Jim is involved in the situation...While I am still very intersted I learned today that my job may not be very secure for the near future.   I will follow the discussion with interst but can't commit money at this point...maybe by the time things are being finalized I'll be in abetter place... :?

Cheers,

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Quote from: es-335 on December 02, 2008, 12:17:36 PM
Thanks for the good news Ricky,

So, LS/12fret it is!! then!! YAY!!

This Forum Git indeed is an LS-03 - short-or-regular scale (it's up to JCL), 12fret to body, low bling

OO - Fans   

(when I got curious about making available an out-of-production guitar... I was initially thinking of those who wish to have an OO as I was fortunate enough to buy the last new old stock in North America... found it in Wildwood Music, Ohio).

If you're serious about the OO... please indicate if you can commit money.

I'll start counting Money-Down Interest for OO... and see if it reaches critical mass for an order.
(But we'll have to request Randy to start another thread for OO).

Let me know.   Like OO and can commit money...? PM me... or another person can lead the OO campaign.

ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 02, 2008, 12:33:41 PM
This Forum Git indeed is an LS-03 - short-or-regular scale (it's up to JCL), 12fret to body, low bling

As part of the low bling theme, you could have no fretboard markers (just on the side) - I think that looks classy on fingerstyle guitars.  I am still so tempted by this, and I do have an aunt who lives in Toronto that could be a middle ground for getting it to the UK!  When would we need to commit to a deposit/full payment ricky?
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Is it safe to assume it's a Satin Finish? Cause you know how persnickety I am about the Satin Finish,lol. Jim is awesome, I have on of the last L03 Mahoganys on hold with him and he was very amenable to work with. plus, the saddle upgrade rocks.

In regard to tuners, i could care less. Given that I can upgrade that for about $35, it's not a make or break for me.

Ahem, back to the Satin Finish question.....

holly

p.s. Thanks Ricky, pretty impressive.
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.